Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Opening charting software (ninjatrader) through personal source code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening charting software (ninjatrader) through personal source code

I am writing a program in C code that can open ninjatrader and export data from it without my having to do anything but open the program and enter what stocks I want. The problem I'm having is that when I try to open "C:/Program Files (x86)/NinjaTrader 7/bin64/NinjaTrader.exe" in my code, I get an fopen error: Permission Denied. My question is if there is a way for my code to open and navigate ninjatrader, or will I have to do that all manually. Thanks.
    Last edited by iamkajal; 06-18-2021, 01:27 AM. Reason: C

Welcome to the forums iamkajal!

We will leave this thread open for any community feedback, but this would not be a topic our Customer Service team could assist with.

As far as programming support goes, we support our product and documented NinjaScript code for building Indicators Strategies and other Addons. Using external C# code or programming your application to interact with NinjaTrader would fall outside of our scope of support.

If you are building an application to extract data from NinjaTrader, you can consider accessing the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\ folder, however, we also could not elaborate on how the raw data is formatted in this folder as it is not something we document.

If there are any other topics we can assist with, please do not hesitate to open a new ticket.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

To launch exe in c++ you can use this

Hi, i was wondering if it is possible to launch a .exe file using c++? say i want to write a simple program which will ask the user if the would like ...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post samish18