Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

[Possible Bug] Changes Not Exporting When DLL Compiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Possible Bug] Changes Not Exporting When DLL Compiling

Hello,

Every now and then when compiling a new version of an indicator, the changes do not export properly or at all. I haven't taken the time to diagnose the exact steps to replicate the problem. Right before compiling, I go through the process of closing NT and rebooting it. This process is lengthy, especially when trying to diagnose an error when the script is DLL compiled. Not sure if it's specifically an NT issue or perhaps something to do with the indicator being loaded in memory. The compiled Zip is sent over Slack for testing on another computer so it may be an issue with Slack.

I make sure to remove the script from NT and installing the proper file (I check when the file was created). Refresh the chart, etc. Sometimes I have to export multiple times. Anyways just letting NT staff know that I'm experiencing this issue. Again it's not 100% NT8 at fault, but this may be a common occurrence for others.

Please note I cannot provide further information as my plate is very full.
    Unsuitable
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ocean Trading Indicators

Hello Unsuitable,

Thanks for the post.

If you already have the dll imported you should have to restart after importing to see changes, is that what you are seeing?

Without more details it would be very difficult to say what may be causing what you had described. if you don't have time to look into the issue that would make it difficult to assist, this is not something we could test without specific steps and details about the scenario. i would suggest that you try a clean installing and exporting from that as one step.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello Unsuitable,
      If you already have the dll imported you should have to restart after importing to see changes, is that what you are seeing?
      As in if the computer has the old version of the compiled indicator installed and then removes it (Remove NinjaScript Assembly). NT8 has to be restarted before installing the new one?
      Unsuitable
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ocean Trading Indicators

Comment

Hello Unsuitable,

Any pc which has the DLL imported will need restarted. If you had the source code, then removed the source code and then imported the dll you would see it work once until the next import where you would have to restart the platform. You don't need to restart to import the new one but you will need to restart to see changes when dll's are involved. Fast reloading only works on new imports and source code.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes