Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Market Analyzer Column Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Market Analyzer Column Alerts

I have created a Custom Market Analyzer Column which outputs 1 if the condition is bullish and -1 if it is bearish. However, when I try to configure alerts around this, my Market Analyzer Column doesn't show up as a possible Alerts Condition field. I am using the syntax 'CurrentValue = MyVariable;' to define the value which it returns to the Market Analyzer. How do I get it to show up in an Alerts Configuration column?

Hello Hawk Arps,

Thanks for your post.

Please advise which step you have the issue:

1) Have you first added the column to the Market Analyzer?

2) If so, please right mouse click on the Market Analyzer and select "Alerts..."

3) In the "Alerts" window, in the conditions area, click the word "add", in the conditions window that opens, do you see the market analyzer column that you added?

4) If you do, select the column on the left side and on the right side select "numeric Value" and enter 1 or -1 to finish creating the alert as needed.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply NinjaTrader_PaulH.. I have done exactly all of those steps; however when I get to #3 (when I select 'Add'.) my Custom Market Analyzer Column is not listed in the 'Columns' part of the Conditions menu . Is there something that I have to do, or not do, in my NinjaScript for the Market Analyzer Alerts to recognize my custom column?

Comment

Hello Hawk Arps,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you see any error messages listed in the "Log" tab of the Ninjatrader control center when you open the market analyzer alerts?

If not then I would suggest attaching your market analyzer column cs file for review.

If you prefer not to show your code in public, you are welcome to write into ScriptingSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com. Mark the e-mail subject Atten: Paul, Ticket# 3254136. In the body of the e-mail include a reference link to this thread and attach your market analyzer column source code file.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Paul H. I think I figured out the problem. I had 'DataType = typeof(string);' in the State.SetDefaults section of the OnStateChange method. I removed that line and see the columns in my Alert conditions now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Rapine Heihei