Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

modify NT8 window structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modify NT8 window structure

Hi, I'm trying to modify the layout of the superdom window. I'm not sure if I have to use visual studio​t to change the column height and button size and locations. Is there a way to see the progress each time I change something? If someone could please point me to the file and maybe a basic direction I can probably fumble my way to learning/doing this.
    thanks in advance

This is what I'm trying to accomplish with the columns. similar to TOS active trader
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_69557.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	1173194
    Last edited by J H M; 10-01-2021, 09:51 AM.

Welcome to the forums J H M!

WPF window modifications can take some experimenting as the window layouts are not documented.

My colleague Chelsea has some examples that demonstrate performing UI modifications to charts and Chart Trader, and my colleague Chris has shared an example indicator and SuperDOMColumn that can point to how UI modifications can be made to the SuperDOM window. These examples can help demonstrate adding UI controls and how to make WPF modifications.

Chelsea's WPF modifications thread - Modifications to chart WPF elements and tab considerations - NinjaTrader Support Forum

Chris' SuperDOM buttons examples:

This indicator is meant to be used in a SuperDom window only. Add this indicator to the SuperDom to add custom buttons.

The links above are publicly available.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Awesome! thanks for the info! this may end up being more difficult then expected.
      im mainly looking to have the grid lines darker and grid height smaller without adjusting the font size. is that possible?
      i think the superDom grid line color can be changed somewhere in the skin superdom.xaml file
      not sure about the grid height. any idea on that?
      thanks

Comment

Hello J H M,

It is possible to modify the Skin XAML files to be able to modify font sizes and various grid heights.

While there are some XAML files for individual windows, most skinning items are included in the Blueprint.xaml file.

I would suggest making a copy of the Skin folder so you can easily revert changes if you want to test any customizations. Keep in mind that if there is a syntax error in the XAML, the default skin settings will be used.

Comment

I'm still not getting anywhere. By editing the blueprint.xaml file I've changed multiple values for text margins, grid margins, text alignment. i can see changes in various places in the platform, but nothing seems to affect the vertical margins or size of the superdom columns relative to the text or vice versa.I want to lessen the space between the values in the superdom price column. If I adjust the font smaller to fit more price levels in becomes too difficult to read.

also while on the topic of the superdom, is there way to have the crosshair level show on the superdom. as in if I hover my mouse over the chart at the $100 price level it could highlight that box on the DOM or place a line on the DOm similar to how an indicator shows on the DOM?

Thanks
          Last edited by J H M; 10-20-2021, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Hello J H M,

I had a deeper dive into skins. I am about to leave for the day, but I can point out that you should look for Padding related properties in the Skin's xaml.

I made the following modifications:

Code:
            	<!-- Base values for margins used across the application -->
            	<system:Double	x:Key="MarginBase">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="MarginBaseNegative">0</system:Double>

<!-- Text margin for Buttons, Controls, the Connection Icon, Font lists, and items in the main navigation -->
            	<system:Double	x:Key="MarginButtonLeft">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="MarginButtonTop">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="MarginControl">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="MarginConnectionIcon">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="MarginFontList">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="MarginMainNavigation">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="MarginMainNavigationIcon">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="MarginNormalTab">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="MarginWindowControl">0</system:Double>

<!-- Margins for data grids throughout the application -->
            	<system:Double	x:Key="PaddingButton">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="PaddingColumn">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="PaddingColumn2">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="PaddingGroup">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="PaddingTab">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="PaddingTableHeader">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="PaddingTextInputVertical">0</system:Double>
            	<system:Double	x:Key="NTGridCellPadding">0</system:Double>
            and got the attached result.

As for adding a crosshair on the SuperDom, there would not be a supported way to do this, and I would not have any unsupported advise to give than to play with SuperDomControl after finding it (see the indicator and SuperDomColumn examples from post #2)

You would need to have an indicator that is added to a chart to convert mouse coordinates to price level values, and then you could store the last mouse over price and instrument to static variables in an addon. Then your SuperDom indicator/column could read those static variables from the addon and use that to modify the appearance of the price ladder display.

That will be completely unsupported, and I don't have any hints for modifying the price ladder display with C#.
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow that's perfect!! I somehow missed the base margin values section. thanks a ton!

Eh,creating an indicator for mouse coordinates is way over my head. probably have to pay someone to write that one.

Appreciate all the help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
              1 response
              0 likes