Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Time In Force (TIF) Selector Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time In Force (TIF) Selector Not Working

Hi,

There exists an example project Visual Studio Solution for AddOn Development on the following link:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_overview.htm
    I’m using this project to develop some custom code. The example Add On includes a Time-In-Force (TIF) selector just like the one in Chart Trader. The problem is that when I run the example add on, the TIF selector does not show any options like (Day, GTC, GTD). The drop down menu/list of TIF selector is empty. From the NT8 help guide and also from the intellisense I have tried several things (like shown in below code) but could not get the TIF options displayed.

AccountSelector AS;
    TifSelector MyTIF;
    AS = new AccountSelector();
    MyTIF = new TifSelector();
    MyTIF.Account = AS.SelectedAccount;
    MyTIF.ShowDefaultValues = true;
    MyTIF.SelectedTif = TimeInForce.Day;

I have attached a screenshot of Add On window to explain the problem.
    Please guide me/give me some clue how can I come out of this bottleneck and be able to display different options in this TIF selector very similar to the one in Chart Trader (screenshot attached)
    Best Regards,
    Mubeen Haider

Attached Files

Hello Mubeen Haider,

This could relate to the connection being used, what data provider/broker are you connected to?

I see this working on my end as of this morning while using kinetick.

You may also want to try and remove the addon and re download the current version. I don't believe there have been any changes for a while on that sample but it would be good to do that step to make sure its not just the file having an issue.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse, for coming in to help me. I really look towards you to get out of this situation. I’m a freelancing developer; don’t have any trader account and don’t have a paid data provider/broker connection. Instead, I connect to NinjaTrader Continuum for free live market data. I have taken fifteen days free real-time demo credentials (user name and password) and use them with the available connection option Continuum as shown in attached screenshot of the connection credentials. This enables me to receive free live futures’ data like NQ 12-21, CL 11-21 etc. The second option of connection available with me is standard NT 8 offered Kinetic – End of Day (Free). Do you think these two free of cost connection options should have displayed the TIF options like DAY, GTC, GTD?

I un-installed and deleted the sample ADD ON project on my computer -> downloaded a fresh copy from the NT8 web link -> re-installed the fresh copy and again tried to work with the sample ADD ON window. TIF option/drop down menu list remained empty as before. No TIF option was shown up with the Continuum connection as well as the Kinetic – End of Day (Free) connection.

I also have the same feeling as you said that the problem is some how related to the connection. Do you think the free data connection feeds I have tried should have shown the TIF drop down menu/list? Can you suggest some other tested free source of data/broker if these two options above don’t qualify for TIF drop down menu list? Please suggest some way out and I’ll work on those lines. Thanks a lot my dear.

Best Regards,
      Mubeen Haider
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mubeen Haider,

Do you see it working on the playback connnection?

Comment

Hi, thanks Jesse. Here are the results of the attempts I have done up to now:

(a): I tried it on the playback connection and did not get positive result. The TIF drop down menu/list is still empty

(b): I have another computer on which I installed NT8 a week ago. I installed the freshly downloaded copy of the sample Add On project on this new computer -> tried the add on with NinjaTrader Continuum connection -> then with Kinetic – End of Day (Free) connection -> then finally with playback connection. In all the cases, the result was same; TIF drop down menu/list is still empty

(c): I have made a video, it's less than three minutes. I’d request you to see this video on dropbox link, I hope it gives you a clue of what is happening on my side. I’m determined to do all the required efforts, what I seek from you is the expert guidance and direction.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Mubeen Haider,

Unfortunately I still cannot see the problem on my end. Please try doing the following to see if completely removing the file assists.

Open the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\AddOns
            Delete any files associated with the addon
            Use a NinjaScript editor to recompile
            Restart the platform
            Import the sample and test it

Do you see this working?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes