Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

IsAutoScale what function does it fulfill in draw.Line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IsAutoScale what function does it fulfill in draw.Line?

Draw.Line(this,lasthibar.ToString(), IsAutoScale, CurrentBar-lasthibar, lasthi, CurrentBar-lastlobar, lastlo, zigZagColor, DashStyleHelper.Solid, linewidth);

IsAutoSacale what function does it fulfill in draw.Line? because I saw in one that put IsAutoScale .. to others false .. it could be that that affects my zigzag the tracing of the line because sometimes the line is not updated it stays in one place and when I press update script the line is just updated. . It does not always happen x that catches my attention ..

Hello TraderElegante,

Thanks for your post.

From the help guide on Draw.Line(): isAutoScale - Determines if the draw object will be included in the y-axis scale. Default value is false. Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?draw_line.htm

IsAutoscale should be replaced by a bool variable. The bool variable is used to determine if the drawn line should be considered in the charts autoscaling. When the bool is true, the chart scaling (if set to autoscaling) will adjust to ensure that the line is displayed in the chart window. If set to false, the charts would not autoscale to fit the line in the window, so this means the line could be completely out of view or partially out of view of the chart window.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
      Hello TraderElegante,

Thanks for your post.

From the help guide on Draw.Line(): isAutoScale - Determines if the draw object will be included in the y-axis scale. Default value is false. Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?draw_line.htm

IsAutoscale should be replaced by a bool variable. The bool variable is used to determine if the drawn line should be considered in the charts autoscaling. When the bool is true, the chart scaling (if set to autoscaling) will adjust to ensure that the line is displayed in the chart window. If set to false, the charts would not autoscale to fit the line in the window, so this means the line could be completely out of view or partially out of view of the chart window.
      perfect then what would be that the lines are not updated in real time .. only when I refresh the graph .. but it does not always happen only sometimes ..

Comment

Hello TraderElegante,

Thanks for your reply.

I would suggest adding print statements to your code to verify that the decision to draw is or is not being made when expected. Prints will output their value to the New>Ninjascripty output window.

Here is a link to our other debugging tips: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...script_cod.htm
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes