Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Addons and Development Environment for Visual Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addons and Development Environment for Visual Studio

Hello Devs,

I am exploring new horizons using Addons for my customs strategies and I downloaded AddOn Development Environment (Visual Studio Advanced) but, it looks outdated because after downloading the Visual Studio project and compiling the example, then when importing the zipped DLL I got the following message from Ninjatrader

"Warning
    This NinjaScript archive was made from an older, incompatible version of NinjaTrader."

I downloaded it from the following Link https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_overview.htm

Any workaround or any updated version of Addons Development Environment for Visual Studio?

Regards

Hello alejandro888,

That would be a visual studio project that opens in visual studio and not in NinjaTrader. The AddOn Framework NinjaScript Basic is the open source addon that can be imported into NinjaTrader.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea, I apologize for now being clear on my first post

I downloaded the Addons project for Visual Studio, builded it on Visual Studioand and I used the output DLL to generate a .zip to import it to Ninjatrader 8 (I creates the .zip manually zipping the DLL)

Then I got the message it was incompatible when importing to Ninjatrader 8

Where the steps above ok or wrong? Or which is the specific way to import the generated DLL from the AddOn using the Visual Studio Project

Regards

Comment

Hello alejandro888,

A script would have to be exported with NinjaTrader to be imported into NinjaTrader.

Instead, you want to manually place the file in Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom and then add a reference.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes