Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Mirroring Broker Account Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirroring Broker Account Positions

I am using a custom indicator to send orders to a few unsupported platforms/brokers APIs (Centerpoint/Etrade). My real fills are obviously different than the Ninjatrader simulator fills. Is there a way to mirror the trades? In other words, tell Ninjatrader this is my position quantity and average, possibly via Order Instruction Files (OIF)?
    Last edited by strongheart; 11-01-2021, 10:42 AM.

Hello strongheart,

Thank you for your post.

Since this is more related to NinjaScript development, I've moved this to our General Development forum.

Just to clarify what you're looking to do, am I understanding correctly that your indicator is sending trades to unsupported platforms and then you're wanting those trades to be exactly mirrored in the platform on a Sim account? Is that correct?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. Yes, this is correct.

Comment

Hello strongheart,

Thank you for your reply.

You would adjust the sim account position by placing orders. If you are using a NinjaScript indicator to communicate with an external application instead of the API, you would be using unsupported code to do. OIF files could be used to submit orders to NinjaTrader from an external application. However, the orders would fill in real-time with the simulation engine.

There would not be a way to modify fills on the simulation account in NinjaTrader - OIF files just put in orders, you can't change how NinjaTrader fills them. Orders placed fill in real-time with the simulation engine and cannot be modified with NinjaScript (but can be removed/added on the executions display of the Trade Performance window). If the orders are sent around the same time they'd be similar trades. However, you're probably not getting exactly the same fills as another platform.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
        1 response
        0 likes