Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader.Client.dll not returning error when Command PLACE encounters error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader.Client.dll not returning error when Command PLACE encounters error

I am using the Ninjatrader.Client.dll.
    My code calls the ninjatrader.client.Command() function passing the 'PLACE' command.
    During testing all worked well. I was specifying the Sim101 account and successfully getting data, opening and closing orders.
    When I did some testing using the Playback101 connection/account, the PLACE command started silently failing.
    This was showing up in the trace output:
    ERROR: OIF, 'PLACE;Sim101;YM 12-21;BUY;3;LIMIT;34653;0;DAY;;33A38C66E50D4BB289A883 86CC30A63A;;' account does not exist 'Sim101'
    My problem is that I had forgotten to specify the Playback101 in the account string (it was still Sim101).

My question is why did the call to Command not return a negative return code ?
    The call to 'Command' clearly failed as the trace output indicates with the ERROR line. The log tab also showed this error.

Can the Command be fixed to return a negative code so that calling code can take appropriate action?

Thanks,
    Gary

Hello Gary,

To confirm the method did not return a -1 value?

Do you have a screenshot of the output that shows the return value, along with the error?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is the block of code that logs before, then makes the call, then logs the result:
      Code:
      log(atiCommand + cma +account + cma +instName + cma +command + cma +quantity + cma +action + cma +price + cma +orderID);
      int result = ninjaClient.Command(atiCommand,account,instName,command,quantity,action,price,0,string.Empty,orderID,string.Empty, string.Empty);
      log("----- Return from " + atiCommand + ": result= " + result);
      if (result != 0)log("ERROR returned from " + atiCommand + " order:" + orderID + ", result: " + result);

Here is logging output from my code:
      PLACE, Playback101, YM 12-21, BUY, 3, LIMIT, 34747, 5AEDBAFE69F44BF588CB213F6C503029
      ----- Return from PLACE: result= 0
      PLACE, Playback101, ES 12-21, SELL, 1, LIMIT, 4555.25, 522F43D5DDAE42E187F1B9BDD191E67F
      ----- Return from PLACE: result= 0

Here are two lines from the trace file at the same time:
      2021-12-05 18:04:11:167 ERROR: OIF, 'PLACE;Playback101;YM 12-21;BUY;3;LIMIT;34747;0;DAY;;5AEDBAFE69F44BF588CB21 3F6C503029;;' account does not exist 'Playback101'
      2021-12-05 18:04:11:167 ERROR: OIF, 'PLACE;Playback101;ES 12-21;SELL;1;LIMIT;4555.25;0;DAY;;522F43D5DDAE42E187F 1B9BDD191E67F;;' account does not exist 'Playback101'

NOTE, that in this case, I was connected to a live data feed using the Sim101 account. To cause the problem, I used the Playback101 account.

Gary

Comment

Hello Gary,

Are you using OIF text files and not the dll interface to send the orders?

These don't have a return value..

Comment

I am using the dll.
          From the code snippet above:
          Code:
          int result = ninjaClient.Command(atiCommand,account,instName,co mmand,quantity,action,price,0,string.Empty,orderID ,string.Empty, string.Empty);
          Gary

Comment

Hello Gary,

Thank you for confirming this.

I am looking into the issue.

Comment

Hello Gary,

I've sent this to our developers and received tracking ID# NTEIGHT-15082.

They'll look into and if there is a fix, this will appear in the release notes on a new release.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes