Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Risk Reward drawing tool or indicator ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risk Reward drawing tool or indicator ...

Hello

I understand that the risk reward drawing tool plots a level based on the chosen entry level and stop loss level given a fixed risk/reward ratio (which is an input for the tool), i would like to get instead , plotted on the chart series , the risk/reward ratio after choosing the entry , stop loss AND profit target levels ... something like in the picture attached , does it exist something like that? Or can it be programmable?

Hi max1ci6, thanks for writing in.

The idea is certainly programmable in a custom drawing tool or indicator. Our colleague Jim has made his own custom Risk/reward tool here as well:
    This is a port of the NinjaTrader 7 AdvancedRiskReward.v3 indicator. This indicator helps you define your entry, stop and target (1 or 3) visually on the chart with the help of horizontal lines, calculates your potential P/L ,unrealized P/L,Risk/Reward ratio and contracts sizing per account size. Once started click on the chart 3 times there […]

Best regards,
    -ChrisL

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks i will look at it

Comment

I tried to use this indicator and it works great to go long, but what if I want to go short? I wasn't able to figure out how to reverse it

Comment

Hi Pro_Rip_Rider, thanks for posting. There is a Long/Short button at the top left of the chart when the indicator is applied.

Comment

Thanks so much for the response!!!!! Would of never figured it out. Have a great one!!

Comment

Hi there, I've downloaded this indicator and got it added on my btc graph but for some reason when I left click 3 times nothing is coming up, should I be doing something else. Really want to use this. Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi Tman, If you click and drag the chart into the future time stamps you should see the risk/reward lines in the future zones.

Comment

Hi, I tried to install the AdvancedRiskRewardIndicator but I get this error. Please help to install this indicator

Comment

Hi jan1234, thanks for posting. You will need to manually install this indicator and look at the compile error it is causing with your existing files. Unzip the package, then go into the folder>go into the indicator folder>copy the .cs file, paste this file into Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators. After this, go to New>NinjaScript editor>then press F5 to compile. A list of compile errors will show up, showing where the conflict is coming from. Please post a screen shot of these errors.

Comment

I found this risk reward drawing tool. the only flaw is the tabs of the words is too big. i personally have zero experience coding. if any way you can just make the tabs smalls and lower opacity to be able to see the candles behind it. something closer to trading views model i suppose. thank you
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi meyh3m, could you please post the source where you downloaded this indicator?

Comment

Originally posted by meyh3m View Post
                          I found this risk reward drawing tool. the only flaw is the tabs of the words is too big. i personally have zero experience coding. if any way you can just make the tabs smalls and lower opacity to be able to see the candles behind it. something closer to trading views model i suppose. thank you
                          may I ask how did you get you risk to reward like that

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
                            Hi jan1234, thanks for posting. You will need to manually install this indicator and look at the compile error it is causing with your existing files. Unzip the package, then go into the folder>go into the indicator folder>copy the .cs file, paste this file into Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators. After this, go to New>NinjaScript editor>then press F5 to compile. A list of compile errors will show up, showing where the conflict is coming from. Please post a screen shot of these errors.
                            Hey, I had the same problem as the other user. I followed your instructions and got these errors. Any idea how to correct this?
                            Thank you!
                            -Jonathan
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	AdvancedRiskReward Indicator Error.png
Views:	1836
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	1261281

Comment

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for the screenshot.

The error is with a system indicator, which may indicate improper references or an overwritten system files.

Please run the repair from the NinjaTrader 8.1.1.7 installer first.

Next, restart NinjaTrader and compile once more. If the errors appear, please right-click within the code editor -> then select References.
                              Take a screenshot of the references and post the screenshot with your next reply so we may confirm the system references are correct.
                              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes