Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Importing NinjaScript Add-ons Editor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing NinjaScript Add-ons Editor problem

Every time I import a new Add-On from the NT documentation, I get 4 or 5 other unrelated custom indicators opened up in the editor all in new tabs which I then need to click on to close. It's the act of importing, not loading the newly imported indicator.

Hi Chippy, thanks for writing in.

Could you link me an addon to import that can reproduce it?

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, now I'm having a new problem in addition to the OP.... I can't import ANY because of this error but I have no idea how to find out which one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1192432

I've had a number of imports load additional indicators (all custom ones I created) into the editor, but this one is the most recent. https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ble-properties

Comment

Hi Chippy, This means the system has one or more scripts on your installation that are not compiling. Open up a New>NinjaScript Editor>press F5 to compile and please share a screen shot of the resulting compilation error list.

Best regards,
        -ChrisL

Comment

Chris, I got the error message figured out. All is well on that front. I had a name conflict in the NS namespace.

I don't think the OP problem has anything to do with the scripts being imported themselves, but a bug somewhere in the platform? I just removed the typeconverter indicator and tried to re-import it. I didn't have the problem this time. However, I did a fresh reboot of the platform... I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Comment

Hi Chippy, thanks for the follow up. I would need a way to reproduce this issue of scripts opening on their own. It's not happening for me and no other user has written in about this, so it's likely an issue specific to your installation environment due to additional custom scripts. You can do a clean install by following these steps or make a new workspace and test there:

Code:
            [LIST][*]Close all running applications.[*]Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. [B]DO NOT[/B] delete this folder.[*]Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.[*]Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists[*]Reboot your PC.[*]Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below:[LIST][*][URL]https://ninjatrader.com/GetStarted[/URL][/LIST][/LIST]

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post mathewlo  
            Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes