Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Output window is self-clearing after indicator plot paints.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Output window is self-clearing after indicator plot paints.

I created a new, very basic indicator. I am not using anything exotic. I have not used nor does a search reveal any ClearOutputWindow() in the code. I am not receiving any errors of any kind. I see my output printing... then, the indicator plots on the chart and the output immediately goes blank. There is no scroll bar to indicate that my output has somehow scrolled past the window. I have no other indicators or strats running on that chart, though I do have other charts running that do not have the new indicator on them. Any ideas?

Hello Chippy,

Thank you for your post.

I would need to take a look at the indicator and test it on my end in order to determine what may be occurring. You can export the indicator from Tools > Export > NinjaScript Addon. Do not check the box to export as a compiled assembly or I will not be able to review your logic. Please attach the resulting .Zip file to your reply.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here it is
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Chippy,

Thank you for your reply.

In my testing I am not seeing the output window reset and I am seeing prints on each incoming tick once the indicator loads data.

Have you removed and re-added the indicator to the chart after making changes? You should always ensure you do this or all changes to the indicator may not be recognized which can result in issues.

Are any other indicators applied to any other chart while testing? Please test with a single open chart and just this indicator applied to it.

Comment

Thanks Kate. Yes, I have completely removed all indicators and hit apply before reinstalling. It will work if I close all the windows but the one chart. However, I reloaded my workspace to restore all my charts and it works again, but it still isn't right. Just now, I noticed the times being printed were not chronological. So, I thought maybe some other output was simultaneously trying to print the time. So, I added an "******" after the string in my Print() to differentiate from some other indicator/strat printing to output as well. Here is a snippet of the output:
          3/9/2022 4:39:44 PM*****************
          3/9/2022 4:40:00 PM*****************
          3/9/2022 4:40:00 PM*****************

Clearly there is something wrong. Even if several instances of the same indicator were printing output the times should be synced.

Comment

Hello Chippy,

As I'm not seeing this on my end on a 1 minute chart, what instrument, bar type and interval are you using on the chart you are testing with? If you test on a simple 1 minute candlestick chart do you see this occurring?

Comment

Hi Kate... I switched to a different workspace and tried it with just one chart, NQ, ES, MES 1 minute candles. I've also tried it with range bars. Interestingly, I tried it with a 10 minute chart as well and the chronology is off by about 8 minutes 7:10, then 7:02 then 7:10 etc.

Comment

Hello Chippy,

Let's boil this down to a simpler script, ignoring the Cumulative Delta stuff you've got going on in the above script and ensuring we're both testing the exact same code. If you run this on a 1 minute chart, do you see the output in the order you would expect? This will print the close time of the bar, the current bar number, and the current close price on each tick.

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                24 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post spwizard  
                Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                0 responses