Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Edit Rollover Date via code depending on historical volume of each contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit Rollover Date via code depending on historical volume of each contract

Hi!

I have 2 questions:
    1. How can I access data of the same day for 2 contract months via code?
      • I want to compare the Volume of one contract month to the Volume another contract month for the same day. I want to do this for all contract months of a specific instrument. So AddDataSeries is not an option here because I would have to have an AddDataSeries for each month. So I would have hundres of BarSeries, which I am not even sure is possible.
    2. How can I edit the Rollover Dates via code in a strategy for historical data?
      • I want to set the Rollover Dates depending on the Volume of each contract month.

The result should be something like something like:
    If Volume[0] of contract month x+1 > Volume[0] of contract month x then set Time[0].Date as Rollover Date.

It is very burdensome to go through each contract, compare the volumes and than change it in the Instruments settings manually.

Thanks in advance!

Kirk

Hi Kirk, thanks for writing in. You would need to use AddDataSeries or do a BarsRequest to get another data series added in the script, there's no other way to access historical and real-time data through a script unless you use a REST API to access the data from another source. You can call AddDataSeries as many times as your computer CPU/memory will allow. Use this overload to minimize the performance impact:
    Code:
    AddDataSeries(string instrumentName, BarsPeriod barsPeriod, [B]int barsToLoad[/B], string tradingHoursName, bool? isResetOnNewTradingDay) We will want to minimize barsToLoad for maximum performance.
    Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. Is there a solution to my 2. quesiton (edit rollover date via code - see above)?

Comment

Hi Kirk, sorry I missed that question. You can use the C# function SendKeys() and use the feature where when input from the keyboard is ditected the intrument selector is activated:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...owsdesktop-6.0 (publicly available)

You can not re-call AddDataSeries with new parameters once a script has started, so you would need to do it in a new BarsRequest as another alternative.

Kind regards,
        -ChrisL
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
        Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM