Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Scroll bar with active strategies on the toolbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scroll bar with active strategies on the toolbar

Hello,

If I have the 'Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission' option selected in ChartTrader, then after opening a position I have to select the position/strategy if I want to continue working with it. If I don't use ChartTrader itself when trading to save space, I would need to display this scrollbar with the name of the active strategies somewhere on the toolbar. Is it possible to program something like this?

Thank you

Hello emuns,

I took a quick look at the atm selector control in the addon framework and while you can re create the ATM list it does not appear to show the charts active ATM's. The Chart trader would be the only suggestion that I could make to retrieve the currently active ATMs as a list.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,

Thanks for the answer. One more question, would it be possible to create a new feature request? I would like to be able to further work with the active ATMs of a given chart using a script.

Thank you
      emuns

Comment

Hello emuns,

I have put in a feature request for that.

Comment

Since it didn't even get a number, I guess it's not even being considered... Too bad!

I have two more questions on the subject:
          1) Would it at least be possible to create an indicator that would show text on the chart informing what type of ATM Strategy Selection Mode is active? If I plan an intraday trade, I choose a different strategy type than if I plan a positional trade. And since I change it often, it would be good to know the current settings without having to go into ChartTrader.
          2) Would it even be possible to create buttons on the toolbar to change the strategy without going to ChartTrader?

Thank you,
          emuns

Comment

Hello emuns,

The feature request was submitted when I had replied previously. I see that was given a tracking id of: 5512

1) You can use the following code to find the selectors setting, the chart trader properties are not exposed so this is a different way to access the property:

Code:
            ChartControl.Dispatcher.InvokeAsync((Action)(() =>
            {
                NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.AtmStrategy.AtmStrategySelector selector = Window.GetWindow(ChartControl.Parent).FindFirst("ChartTraderControlATMStrategySelector") as NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.AtmStrategy.AtmStrategySelector;
                Print(selector.AtmStrategySelectionMode);
            }));

2) You can create buttons in the toolbar I have provided a link below. There is not a way to set the selected strategy in the charttrader that is a get only property.

Hello All, Moving forward this will be maintained in the help guide reference samples and no longer maintained on the forum. Creating Chart WPF (UI) Modifications from an Indicator - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ui)-modifi.htm (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/creating-chart-wpf-(ui)-modifi.htm) I've

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post guillembm  
            Started by junkone, 04-21-2024, 07:17 AM
            9 responses
            0 likes