Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using Visual Studio Community 2022 (free version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Visual Studio Community 2022 (free version)

Hello All,

So, I got the notification today that Visual Studio Community 2019 is no longer being supported. It's working fine, so I'm not concerned. However, 2022 is 64bit whereas I guess 2019 is 32bit, so I would like to take advantage of that.

Is anyone successfully using Visual Studio Community 2022 with Ninja Trader 8 (8.0.25.0 64-bit - latest)? Does it support the 4.5 Framework that NT8 requires?

Any thoughts, insights, and experiences shared are appreciated!

Thanks,
    Matt

Hello StealthM93,

Currently, Visual Studio 2022 is not supported, you can track the current version in the Help Guide documentation below. The currently supported version is Visual Studio 2019.

If any other forum members have direct experience using 2022 in the current built they will also reply below.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,

Thank you, yes, I read that but since the latest NT8 release is from October of last year and VS 2022 is from February of this year, I thought that the documentation might be outdated. Thank you for confirming.

Speaking of releases and such... October has been quite sometime now. Hopefully, 8.0.26 or 8.0.30 or 8.1.x or .... 9.0 (??? maybe) is in the works to be released soon! I know a lot has been going on at Ninja Trader (the company) over the past many months. That can have an impact on the development lifecycle. With some time now, I hope it will be worth the wait!

Thanks,
      Matt

Comment

Does 8.0.26 support VS2022? I prefer using 2022 over a removal of 2022 and install of 2019

Comment

In the Release Notes:
          15119 Fixed NinjaScript Editor, Visual Studio Integration Editor could fail to find Visual Studio 2022 installation
          This implies that VS 2022 may be used. However, the debugging help link that Jesse references above has not be updated to include 2022.

What say Ninja Trader?

Comment

I have been using VS 2022. Why not give it a try ...

Comment

Hello everyone,

Visual Studio 2022 is supported with the NinjaScript Editor's Visual Studio button as of Release 26.

We'll make sure the note in the Visual Studio Debugging page of the Help Guide is updated to reflect.
              JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

+1 Jim, thanks

Comment

Thank you, Jim & Ninja Trader development team!

I'm also noticing that the NT8 Script window is now compiling with the latest .NET that comes with 2022. That is, my scripts are compiling with ".NETFramework,Version=v4.8.AssemblyAttributes.cs" instead of v4.5.

So, anytime my VS solution is updated by VS, I don't have remove the .NETFramework entry like I was with 2019. I kept removing v4.6. (Perhaps, I could have left v4.6 and just removed v4.5?)

Comment

Hello StealthM93,

VS can use a variety of different version frameworks, NinjaTrader uses specifically 4.8. If you can press the VS button and have the solution open/and also NinjaTrader compiles normally from the NinjaScript editor then you should have everything configured correctly.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
                      Hello StealthM93,

Currently, Visual Studio 2022 is not supported, you can track the current version in the Help Guide documentation below. The currently supported version is Visual Studio 2019.

If any other forum members have direct experience using 2022 in the current built they will also reply below.

Are we still on the VS 2019 or we can use VS 2022 already?

Comment

Hi millonperez, Visual Studio 2022 has been supported for a good number of months now.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/NT%20HelpGuide%20English.html?visual_studio_debugg ing.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
                        14 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Board game geek  
                        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby