Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Calling AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget() with Correct orderName

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget() with Correct orderName

My question is how this method handles multiple orders with the same orderName (i.e. "Target1") resulting from partial fills of the entryOrder...

So, for example, let's say entryOrder is a long limit order with target = entry +10 ticks and stop = entry -10 ticks. entryOrder is filled in 2 parts, creating stacked orders at the target/stop.

GetAtmStrategyStopTargetStatus("Target1", atmStrategyId) returns a multi-dimensional array where the specific ORDER with the given name is referenced by the first parameter of the index. So, GetAtmStrategyStopTargetStatus("Target1", atmStrategyId)[i, 2], would return the orderStatus of the first order with the "Target1" name.

Circling back to the AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget() method then, what happens in the following call:

Code:
    AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget(100, 0, "Target1", atmStrategyId))
    Are ALL orders with the associated orderName modified? Referring back to the hypothetical laid out above, would both orders be modified? Is additional logic required to handle the instance of partial-fills thereby resulting in mutliple orders with the same orderName?

For the purposes of this inquiry the following properties are applied to ATM (to the extent it matters):
    ATM strategy seleciton mode: Keep selected ATM strategy template on order submission

Hello TheFil,

That should modify any order with that name under the ATM. Unfortunately the help guide does not specify that it affects partial filled orders. If you see that the change is not affecting the orders in that use case we could collect a sample of what you had tried to provide to development for further review.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello TheFil,

That should modify any order with that name under the ATM. Unfortunately the help guide does not specify that it affects partial filled orders. If you see that the change is not affecting the orders in that use case we could collect a sample of what you had tried to provide to development for further review.
      In initial testing all appears okay... I'll be sure to flag it if I observe otherwise. Thx.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post samish18