Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problems with Visual Studio update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Visual Studio update

I've been using Visual Studio for Ninjatrader 8 development for years (version 2019). I was required to update to a newer 2019 edition. Since I was updating, I decided to upgrade to the VS 2022 version. I have uninstalled the 2019 version, and restarted my computer several times.

Now, when I try to compile using the editor, I get the following error:
    NinjaScript File Error Code Line Column
    \NETFramework,Version=v4\5\AssemblyAttributes.cs Duplicate 'global::System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFramework Attribute' attribute CS0579 4 12
    Additionally, when I try to push the button on the editor to pull up Visual Studio, it says that it failed to find an installation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	failed to find.png
Views:	333
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1201279

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mohawkTrader; 05-13-2022, 11:12 AM.

Hello mohawkTrader,

Thanks for your post.

Currently, Visual Studio 2022 is not supported for use with NinjaTrader. The supported versions could be seen in the Help Guide documentation below. The most recent supported version is Visual Studio 2019.

Visual Studio Debugging: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._debugging.htm

That said, you may still try out using Visual Studio 2022 and share your findings with the community members on the forums.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I reverted to Visual Studio 2019; it seemed that NT would know if VS 2022 was open (said to close all instances), but if it was closed, then could not find it.

I still had the same compilation error however, so I had to delete the bin and obj files out of the /Custom folder in order to get things recompiled.

Hopefully I'm good to go now. Posting in case someone else runs into a similar issue.

Comment

Hang on here... According to this post/thread, 2022 is supported. It is working well for me.

Hello All, So, I got the notification today that Visual Studio Community 2019 is no longer being supported. It's working fine, so I'm not concerned. However, 2022 is 64bit whereas I guess 2019 is 32bit, so I would like to take advantage of that. Is anyone successfully using Visual Studio Community 2022 with Ninja Trader 8

Comment

Hello mohawkTrader and StealthM93,

Thanks for your note.

That is correct. Visual Studio 2022 is now supported in the current release of NinjaTrader 8.0.26.0. This could be seen in the Release Notes linked below under to category 'NinjaScript Editor'.

15119 Fixed NinjaScript Editor, Visual Studio Integration Editor could fail to find Visual Studio 2022 installation

Release Notes: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/8_0_26_0.htm

To use Visual Studio 2022, you would need to ensure that you are updated to the latest release of NinjaTrader.

The most recent release could be found on this page: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Let us know if we may assist further.
          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
          Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
          6 responses