Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator parameter missing, then returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator parameter missing, then returns

So, I've come across a weird one.

A few days ago, I added this single parameter to several of my indicators, exactly as shown

Code:
            [Display(Name = "Minimum price change to recalculate", Description="", GroupName = "Performance", Order = 20)]
            public double MinPriceChange
            { get; set; }

This works fine. I have MinPriceChange = 0 in state.setdefautls, too. I noticed however on an NT restart, that the setting was missing. This was after I'd spent a while prior day setting the option on each indie and saving the workspace. So, I did it again. Today, I note the setting when I go into the indicator properties on the chart is missing, again. Am I going mad!? I check the code. No, it is there. I recompile and check again, it is there.

I have now repeated this process multiple times with the same result.

Start ninatrader - Parameter is missing from all the indicators that I added it to and saved the workspace on.
    Open the editor. Recompile. Check again - The parameter is back and I can set options.
    Save the workspace and close NT8.
    Open NT8 again, the parameter is missing from the indie settings. Repeat process, same result! It comes back after compiling and without restarting.

I've never come across this one before. Any clues as to what might be going on?

[edit] Just to add - If I were to get NT8 to recompile on startup, as per a re-isntall/upgrade, the settings are there in the indies and work. If I then shut down NT8 and restart it, they are gone again. So, same as per manual open, recompile fixes, shutdown, they are gone.

Further update as I am trying to resolve this. Found that NinjaTrader.Custom.dll in the NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom folder was actually 4-5 days old, which is odd, given I know it rebuilds when I recompile. So, I removed it, started NT, and then did a recompile. I now see the new NinjaTrader.Custom.dll with a current date, which is what I would expect. Shut down NT and restart, but now have zero custom indicators. It is as if NT cannot load the NinjaTrader.Custom.dll, yet in the trade log, I see it is and there are not errors I can see
    2022-06-20 13:57:13:917 Copying custom assemblies...
    2022-06-20 13:57:13:924 Loading custom assemblies...
    2022-06-20 13:57:13:924 Loading E:\Paulhome\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Custom.dll...
    2022-06-20 13:57:14:014 Loading E:\Paulhome\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll...
    2022-06-20 13:57:14:036 Deleting temporary files...
    Last edited by pjsmith; 06-20-2022, 07:03 AM.

OK - Full uninstall, manual cleanup of folders and re-install got the indicators back after compile. Also had to restore a previous workspace. No idea what happened there. Any insight appreciated.

Comment

Hi pjsmith, Please check the Log tab of the Control Center for any errors. I'm not able to reproduce, and have never seen this happen before.
      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Cheers. There were zero errors reported. I'm back up and running now. Very strange.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by nandhumca, Yesterday, 03:41 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby