Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

About OHLC and OHL indicator alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello ラリー,

It looks like you have applied a SMA. If you are trying to select your custom indicator that contains your conditions, plots or alerts then you still need to select that custom indicator.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry to trouble you, but could you explain what I should do from now on along with a screenshot?​

Comment

Hello ラリー,

In the latest screenshot I am not sure what you are trying to do in order to advise further. From the previous posts we had discussed making a custom indicator so that you could use the Alert syntax and also use that to better understand why the alerts were not happening. If you are having trouble following our previous discussion I would suggest to go back to post 28 where you had made a custom indicator that contains an alert and a condition. You can use an indicator like that to produce alerts.

Comment

I referred to post 28 again, so am I correct in understanding that the syntax of post 28 is correct?​

Comment

Hello ラリー,

From the image you are checking if the RSI value is greater than or equal to 20, if that is what the alert condition you wanted is then you could use that. I would suggest to try and apply the indicator in a chart to run it so you can verify it works as you had expected. If you need to visualize how the condition is working you can add a print to it or draw something so you can visually see it on the chart as well.

Comment

I applied it to the chart, but the alert was not output and could not be sounded.
              What am I doing wrong?​
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello ラリー,

In the image you have an alert hard coded into the script so you don't need to use the alerts window in the chart. If the alert did not happen that indicates that the condition was not true. You can use prints to better understand when the condition is true. Keep in mind that alerts don't work historically, this only works in realtime.

If you are trying to use the alerts window I would suggest making a new post in the general platform technical support forums. Because you posted in the NinjaScript development forum the answers that I have been providing are so that you can program the alerts in NinjaScript code. If you don't want to program the alerts in the code please make a new post describing what you want to do in the platform technical support forum where you can get help with general platform use.

Comment

I applied it to the market analyzer, the alert log was output, and the sound was also played.
                  The color is output in the alert log when the condition is met, but is it possible to color the indicator applied to the Market Analyzer as well when the condition is met?​
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello ラリー,

To do any kind of coloring in a market analyzer cell would require using the market analyzer cell conditions. That also requires that your indicator plots a value so that you can read its value to make conditions based on its values. Indicators don't do any kind of visualizing in the analyzer otherwise.

Comment

To do any kind of coloring in a market analyzer cell would require using the market analyzer cell conditions. That also requires that your indicator plots a value so that you can read its value to make conditions based on its values. Indicators don't do any kind of visualizing in the analyzer otherwise.
                      Can you give me an example?

Comment

Hello ラリー,

You can read about the market analyzer cell conditions here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...lter_condi.htm

Comment

I referred to the link, but the example says that it is triggered when the value of Value exceeds 30. Is it possible to give this a value of Value in NinjaScript?​

Comment

Hello ラリー,

You would have to plot a value in an indicator to use that feature. The example shows using a existing indicator that already plots a value. You would customize that condition based on the value that your indicator plots.

Comment

Can you give me an example of how to do them?​

Comment

Hello ラリー,

You can see the AddPlot help guide page or review any indicator which plots a value for examples of plotting. To learn how to use the analyzer please use the help guide page that was already linked.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post bltdavid  
                                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes