Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data access for backtesting for a non funded account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data access for backtesting for a non funded account.

I've been working to develop my strategy on the Ninja trading platform (I have purchased the lifetime license), however I was using the backtesting feature with the complimentary historical data provided for free.

My free data trial has expired or will expire soon. How can I get access to data 1 min data without funding my account? I don't want to pay the Non-trading fee in case it takes me longer than 3 months to program my strategy.

Per the information I've received, you will be charged a fee if you fund your account after 3 months but haven't placed a trade. So for now I want a nonfunded account with just the data feed so I can backtest.

Hello RISKYBUSINEZZ,

Instead of a brokerage account (which requires funding) you could subscribed to a data feed instead such as Kinetick or IQFeed.

Below is a link to the help guide on data types supported for each connection type.

And a link to the connection guides.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

From the links you sent it appears a basic data stream from kinetic, would cost a little over 70$ a month which is pretty steep and then you would have to add futures symbols on top of that bringing the cost significantly higher. 69$ adder for ES mini for example and 121$ for some other things that seems ludicrous for historical data if it were a one time fee it might be tolerable, but at those prices, it becomes very undesirable.

From what I am reading on ninja traders site it seems I would be charged an additional 12$ a month for top of book data once my account is active, but if I already get a data feed from somewhere else why would I be charged the 12$ a month?

Is this really the only options?

All I'm trying to do is get a data feed so I can back test my strategies in the most cost efficient way possible.

Comment

Hello RISKYBUSINEZZ,

Those are only options for real-time data and up-to-date historical data. You can get discounted data with an active funded brokerage account, or you can subscribe to a data feed.

For historical tick only, you could look into cqgdatafactory, tickdata.com, or something that provides historical tick data for download that is compatible with ninjatrader.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, I'll see if any of these will work better. I'll just have to do what I can.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid