Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Compare Order Flow Indicators+Volumetric bars Information with Level One Market Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compare Order Flow Indicators+Volumetric bars Information with Level One Market Data

Hi Ninja Experts,

While working on a custom development project, I have come across a sort of conceptual question. Your expert opinion is needed to reach the complete and correct understanding. I need to be clear that whether the order flow indicators and the volumetric bars provide some additional information as compared to Level one market data set (the ask, bid and last data series I can access via OnMarketData() method)? If yes, what is that additional information in order flow indicators and volumetric bars which I cannot get from the level one market data directly or indirectly (through processing of level market data). Putting the same question in another way for clarity, what information I cannot technically get if I'm not using the order flow tools and the volumetric bars? Should I treat order flow indicators + volumetric bars just as a convenient and refined way of presenting the level one market data and extracts from its processing or I should treat order flow as a tool which provides additional information.

I'll be very thankful for the help. With this, I'll be able to better conduct my custom development project. Many thanks.

Hello Mubeen Haider,

NinjaTrader is not providing any more information than is being received from the data provider which updates in OnMarketData and OnMarketDepth.

The examples found on the forum threads linked below may give you better insight.
    Please someone help me on making an own RemoveLastBar in the custom bar type. I have a custom bar type that uses RemoveLastBar and as I have read in NT help

Hello everyone I am trying to get the bid ask volume inside the bar from the example the problem is that I need a method to get the bid and ask volume without tick replay. I am trying to create this indicator on my own - from the example of the developers But the result is without successfully Below is my code I ask for
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post TraderBCL  
    Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
    14 responses
    0 likes