Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save Workspace Dialog

Hello Ninja,

II have Control Panel on a monitor above my trading monitor.

So my mouse pointer focus is usually on the bottom monitor.

When I use a hot key to Close the workspace, the Save Workspace dialog seems to not have the correct focus sometimes...

The dialog pops up on the top monitor (inside the Control Panel), not where the mouse is

1) cannot move left right with arrow keys between Yes, No, Cancel

2) sometimes pressing Y for Yes does not do anything

3) Escape sometimes closes the dialog and sometimes it does not

Would be great if the dialog popped up at the cursor (in my case the bottom monitor), and had complete focus, and the left/right arrows worked and also changed the button to show that it has focus.

What do you think?

This is for NT8. NT7 is OK.

Would like the dialog to show up where my cursor is, so I don't have to move it to another monitor...

Thx

Comment

Hello llanqui,

This is as expected in NinjaTrader 8. The dialog window pops up in the Control Center.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Keyboard keys work when the dialog window has focus. I suspect a chart or different window has focus. Please left click the dialog window and then you should be able to use the keyboard keys.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

‘As expected’ to deflect from ‘as it should be’ and requiring a Feature Request (black hole).

When you launch Ninja it behaves as the #OP ‘expects’ - the splash screen whilst loading appears wherever/on whichever monitor your cursor resides at the time it appears.

Comment

the whole point is to not to have to move the cursor across monitors....scalpers need to keep (unnecessary) movements to a minimum

in my case the upper monitor where the Control Center is, is not used for trading

wish the focus would always be on the pop up (sometimes it is, then hopefully the focus is on the Yes and a simple return will close the pop up)

or alternatively it would pop up in the middle of the screen that currently has focus

:-)

please put this in the enhancement request queue...thx

Comment

Hello,

If nothing else can you ask the developers to put the Focus on the Save Window dialog box when it pops up?

and the Yes button?

sometimes the dialog has focus and sometimes it does not...

thx.

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5695. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes