Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Compile error when creating Bar Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compile error when creating Bar Type

I created a new bar type from the wizard and simply gave it a name and new unique number, then saved and tried to compile it. That's it, no params or anything else.
    For some reason I'm getting :"Duplicate 'global::System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFramework Attribute' attribute". The line that it points to is line 4 which is "using System.ComponentModel"
    I'm not getting this for indicators when I compile them.

The only other framework I manually added in references (besides other third-party indicators), is "System.Speech" (4.8) to give alerts in indicators (works fine there).
    Any idea what could be causing this?

Hello, thanks for writing in.

Its hard to say what is causing this. I would need to log into your computer through TeamViewer to poke around to try and solve it. Feel free to email "platformsupport at ninjatrader.com" referencing "Attn ChrisL <past forum link here>" in the email and I will connect with you through teamviewer to see what this may be.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I ended up just clean installing NT8 and when I copied some folders back I got the same error. I suspect the Visual studio folders that is being written in the Documents/Ninjatrader8 folders was the culprit because as soon as I cleaned those out, it compiled again.

Comment

Ok, so I happened to recreate this error. It happens when I open the Custom folder through VS. VS creates a ".vs" folder and additional folders apparently which causes a conflict on the assembly.
        If I erase the files and restart VS, and this time open the indicator folder instead, VS then creates the .vs folder but not as many files. This time compile works. So there is something strange going on with Visual studio when you open through the Custom folder. First time I'm seeing this.

Comment

Hi Borgen, thanks for the follow up. It is recommended to launch the NinjaTrader.Custom.csproj file from within the bin/Custom folder to launch our custom project.
          Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920  
          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes