Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

"Read" instrument list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Read" instrument list?

Can I read an "instrument list"? I want to "Add" time frames in an indicator using an instrument list a user has defined .

or can I "Add" an instrument list like a would on a normal instrument using the ADDDATASERIES?? I doubt it but thought I would at least ask. I can dream.

Cheers
    Cliff
    Last edited by ct; 01-29-2023, 01:55 PM.

Hello Cliff,

Thanks for your post.

The AddDataSeries() method could be used to add additional timeframes/instruments to your script. The instrument parameter used for AddDataSeries() must be hard-coded and cannot be dynamic. Dynamic includes user-defined properties.

This is noted on the AddDataSeries() help guide page: Arguments supplied to AddDataSeries() should be hardcoded and NOT dependent on run-time variables which cannot be reliably obtained during State.Configure (e.g., Instrument, Bars, or user input). Attempting to add a data series dynamically is NOT guaranteed or supported and therefore should be avoided.

AddDataSeries(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...dataseries.htm
    Working with Multi-Timeframe/Multi-Instrument NinjaScripts: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm

Please let me know if I may assist further.​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon H.​

Understood on the AddDataSeries. I assume i can't read or get the data for an instrument list as well.

Cheers

Comment

Hello ct,

Thanks for your note.

Are you referring to calling AddDataSeries() and passing in an Instrument List into the method?

If that is what you are referring to then no this would not be supported as it would be considered dynamically loading additional data series. AddDataSeries() would need to be called for each instrument you want to load additional data for and the instrument parameter would need to be hard-coded into the AddDataSeries() method.

We have an existing feature request for tracking interest in the ability for dynamic handling/loading of additional data series when using AddDataSeries() and I have added your vote. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-882.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let me know if I may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon

Thank you for adding me to the request list for that enhancement.

Cheers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes