Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data location

Hi! I have a question about the location of the data

In which folder can I find the data corresponding to "Trade performance"? I need to merge some data from my trading from an old ninjatrader 8 installation with the current one. Would this be possible?

Hello Carlos19,

Trade performance is not stored on the filesystem that is held inside a database. There is not a way to merge old data with the new data, you could import that data to start from that point but it would not include anything past the end of the old installs data.

Depending on how old that installation is you may also be unable to retrieve that data at this point. In 8.0.27.0 the database format was changed and the website only offers the previous version installer. If you have a very old version from for example before 8.0.25.0 you likely won't be able to re open that database. You can try to use 8.0.26.0 for that but depending on how many revisions between versions it may have a hard time.

To avoid this situation in the future I suggest to make a backup using the platforms backup tool and include the database. You can do this before re installing or if you had an issue that needed resolved. That way if you do need to re install or change user folders that data can be imported right away to persist the existing information.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 02-06-2023, 09:37 AM.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have the data from the previous installation. This was due to a bug in the software that uninstalling and installing was the only way to resolve. Even if you can't merge them with the current installation data. In which folder could I find them? I have little knowledge about it, and probably I have seen it while looking for it but I have not been able to recognize them. Thank you so much.

Comment

Hello Carlos19,

You can access the user data from the documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder but you won't be able to see any of the trade data in that folder. That would contain the actual database file which is locked, only the platform can read that file. That file contains many different types of information that the platform uses including trade performance data.

Because the platform changed database types in 8.0.27 you would have to either go back to 8.0.26 or do a clean user folder to be able to try and open that database with the platform. To use the previous version would require completely uninstalling NT8, removing your current documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder which cant be backwards migrated and then re installing the platform.

To re migrate that you would remove the documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder and then re install the platform. Before opening the platform you would need to delete the db/NinjaTrader.sqlite file and insert your old NinjaTrader.sdf file then start the platform and allow it to migrate the data.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TraderBCL  
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
        14 responses
        0 likes