Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Analyzer - List gaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer - List gaps

I would like to have a column in the Market Analyzer that shows if an instrument opens with a gap. I have no experience coding especially for the Market Analyzer, so any advice would be be appreciated.

I tried making a simple indicator that would plot a line and that I could use the value of that line in the Market Analyzer, but I can't get it to work.

This is the calculation:

GapLine[0] = (Open[0]-Close[1])/(Close[1])*100;

It should show a percentage value of the gap, positive or negative depending of the direction of the gap.

Hello chrille,

Thank you for writing in.

To make values calculated in your indicator available for display in the market analyzer column, you should reference the SMA indicator preloaded on NinjaTrader. This demonstrates setting a calculated value to a plot, which the MA can reference.

To add a column to market analyzer which will display this value, right click on the market analyzer window>columns>then click Add and select your indicator.

See our Helpguide on How to Add columns:
    NT8: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...th_columns.htm

I set up an indicator with a plot and set the value to the plot to 1 if there is a gap, 0 if no gap. So within the MA window you’ll see this and can set up alerts accordingly. Note: I defined a gap as an open above or below the previous bars high/low, so you would want to modify the code for what you’re looking for. See attached.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Attached Files
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_AlanP,

Thank you for you help! I know how to create simple indicators that plots a value or creates a "spike" in the plot if the criteria are met, and how to utilize that in the Market Analyzer. That's about as far as my Ninjascript skills goes as of now.

Turns out that with the gap-indicator, I was very close having it work. I had missed to add "if (CurrentBar < x) return;". After I added that the plot showed up.

Thanks again!

Comment

One last thing. I would like to control the output in he Market Analyzer to two decimals and add a '%' sign. Any easy way to do that?

Comment

Hello chrille,

I have attached an indicator which will limit the output when displayed in the market analyzer window to only 2 decimals. It will also add a % symbol on the front of the output.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
          Attached Files
          Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, works perfectly. Modified it a bit to have the % symbol behind the output!

Excellent!

Comment

Hi, is there a version of GapPlot for NT8 i could download ?

Comment

Hello borge,

Thank you for your reply.

The GapPlot indicator in post #2 above is for NinjaTrader 8, were you looking for a NinjaTrader 7 version?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
                Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks all is ok now. How can i have a text GAP UP or GAP DOWN when there is a gap with this indicator on the 15 or 60 min time frame?
                  Also, do we have other similar indicators for Market Anyzer in the way of 180 reversals? topping tails and bottoming tails?

Comment

Hello borge,

Thank you for your note.

This indicator is an example, and would need to be modified to show different values for an up or down gap as well as to display text or send an alert. You'd need to modify the script to add your own logic to do so.

I'm unaware of any particular indicators that would be similar, although our User App Share would be a good place to search for something like that.

The User App Share is publicly available here:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Hola,
                      estoy intentando instalar el indicador de gaps en mi grafica, pero no me sale ninguno cunado lo busco en el apartado de indicadores. He descargado un par que he visto para probar si de esa manera me aparecian, pero siguen sin aparecerme.
                      Como puedo instalarme o agregar a mi grafica el que ya viene en la plataforma de ninjatrader 8?
                      Saludos

Comment

Hola bullsilver,

Gracias por escribirnos hoy.

Tenemos capacidad limitada para proporcionar soporte de plataforma en español, sin embargo, hemos encontrado que este sitio https://www.deepl.com/es/translator puede traducir el inglés al español con buena calidad. Por favor copie nuestra respuesta y luego navegue al sitio que le colocamos para pegar la respuesta en el cuadro hacia la izquierda.

I am translating your inquiry into English below for my reference:

Hello,
                        I'm trying to install the gap indicator on my chart, but I don't get any when I look for it in the indicators section. I have downloaded a couple that I have seen to test if that way they appear, but they still do not appear.
                        How can I install or add to my chart the one that already comes in the ninjatrader 8 platform?
                        Regards
                        There would not be a built in gap indicator in the NinjaTrader platform by default. However, there is a downloadable example in post #2 and post #5 above in this thread. These are examples and may need to be modified to display as you like.

You can also check our publicly available User App Share as there potentially may be something that would meet your needs there:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post algospoke  
                        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes