Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Adding controls inside the chart control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding controls inside the chart control

Hello,

Is it possible to add controls like buttons and text boxes inside the chart control beside the Y-axis. If possible please provide the pointers on how to achieve it.

Thanks,
    Subhash

Hello,
    Thank you for the post.

Yes this is possible, you could utilize the UserControlCollection for this type of use:

The help guide example demonstrates adding two buttons to the chart, to the left of the Y access.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, I see that I can add controls to the left side of the y-axis. I was looking to add controls on both sides and also at the bottom. Looks like asking for more . Please let me know if that too is possible.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

For appending controls outside of the ChartControl specifically, this is a subject we don't really provide much help on as it requires that you are comfortable working with xaml using only C# code. You can see the following example of appending a button to a toolbar. You could work with the existing controls this way as well to form the window how you would like:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello gplatis,

Thank you for your response.
          I wonder if the same code (you provided for NT8) canalso be applied to NT7 in order to add buttons in the chart. If no, is there any other way to acheive this?
          The same code would not work in NinjaTrader 7. Adding/modifying buttons in NinjaTrader 7 is unsupported.
          Furthermore, is there any sample-code available to add (to an NT7's chart) a "pause strategy" button which can "toggle" (on - off) a strategy ?
          There is no sample code for this purpose. This would also be considered unsupported. To add to this; while you can use Disable() to disable a strategy from within itself there is not code to enable a strategy from out itself or within it's own code.
          Disable(): http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...t7/disable.htm
          Is there any list of the type of buttons that can be added in a NT7 chart ? (except from "Long" or "Short" buttons).
          There is no list of buttons that can be added.
          Documentation for "pausing" or "haulting" a strategy (via script) is missing from your official documentation (NT7), and these commands/statements are critical and absolutely needed to many developers, so you are kindly requested to do something (really sufficient) for that.
          This would be unsupported.

Please let me know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello gplatis,

Thank you for your response.

Add Ons and Buttons were both unsupported in NinjaTrader 7. Meaning there is no documentation nor support provided for such endeavors. In NinjaTrader 8 this is supported.

However, just because something is unsupported does not mean someone on the forum or even one of us on support has not provided an example. Keep in mind you wish to do something that is not possible in NinjaTrader; enabling and disabling strategies via a button in an Add On.

If you need examples of buttons or Add Ons (custom windows) in NinjaTrader 7 you have to look no further than the file sharing section of the Support Forum: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...splay.php?f=37

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hi guys,
              I'm trying to implement this into my strategy and having some difficulty. Just so I can see this work with the SampleMACrossover, what would this script look like if it would enter Long/Short only once I clicked the button?
              My strategy is already written but I would like to just add a Long/Short button that kicks things off for the order process in my script.
              Last edited by PN720; 10-21-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Hello PN720,

Below is a public link to the LongShortToolBarButtons that shows how to place an order from a button's click event handler method. (In the ecosystem site user submitted apps section)
                Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Chelsea
                  You provided download link to NT 8.
                  Can I please have download link to Long Short ToolBar button for NT 7. Looks like Long Short Toolbar Buttons zip file contains CurrentDayOHL indicator instead (here is link NT7 https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...olbar-buttons/) .Many thanks,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Sparkyboy  
                  Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                  21 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Bidder