Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to make collection editor appearing in the property grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello koganam,

Until the development team makes the decision to officially support custom type converters it will not be documented. Officially custom type converters are not supported as they can cause issues in the Strategy Analyzer and possibly other places.

In the meantime, there is the 'Using a TypeConverter to Customize Property Grid Behavior' reference sample.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello koganam,

Until the development team makes the decision to officially support custom type converters it will not be documented. Officially custom type converters are not supported as they can cause issues in the Strategy Analyzer and possibly other places.

In the meantime, there is the 'Using a TypeConverter to Customize Property Grid Behavior' reference sample.
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...r_to_custo.htm
      One of us must not be reading properly. I did not say anything about TypeConverters: I am talking about PropertyEditors. Has nothing to do with TypeConverters.I do not, for example, need a TypeConverter in order to get a File Dialog box to select a file: I do need a PropertyEditor. The PropertyEditor does not do anything to the type, so what does that have to do with a Strategy Analyzer?

PropertyEditors must be called something, but "editor" in the name does not mean they do anything to the type: they provide a user interaction interface for manually selecting/editing values, where the simple string-to-value and value-to-string conversion provided by the property browser is not sufficient or convenient. Of course, NT may have used a TypeConverter under the covers to create the PropertyEditor. Even in that case, the Typeconverter is not directly applied to the type: it is an encapsulation inside the PropertyEditor itself, and so invisible outside of the PropertyEditor.
      Last edited by koganam; 11-09-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Hello koganam,

Maybe I should phrase this as, any class applied to a property except for the ones documented in the help guide.

This would include PropertyEditors and custom PropertyDescriptors.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          Hello koganam,

Maybe I should phrase this as, any class applied to a property except for the ones documented in the help guide.

This would include PropertyEditors and custom PropertyDescriptors.
          With all due respect, that is a nonsensical copout. NT uses them, so they cannot be problematic. I know that sounds rude, but that is the only possible response. You cannot tell me that you use them, but we cannot. That is just plain arrogant.

But let us close it here. The matter is ended.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post yertle
          by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes