Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Looking for inside bar indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for inside bar indicator

Hi,

I'm not a coder and am seeking an indicator that will highlight inside bars (see attached) varying colors.

If anyone can steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jason
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jasonw; 08-02-2017, 10:34 AM.

Also I would like to be able to highlight extended trading hours like in the attached chart.

Comment

Hello jasonw,

I created an inside bar indicator and uploaded it to the following link,

I do not have an indicator highlighting extended hours nor did I see one on the forum, however if I get some time in the next few days I will try to put one together for you, otherwise I can have business development reach out with a list of third parties that could build this for you.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
      Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your help, Alan.

Would it be possible to create an inside bar indicator where you could select from multiple colors?

Or if this isn't an option three separate indicators (just like you did with the yellow indicator): one painted blue, another painted lime and a third painted cyan?

Again thanks for your assistance and btw, I recently purchased a lifetime license. Worth every penny!

Comment

Hello jasonw,

I added the feature which now allows the user to select the color the inside bars would be painted, see attached.

Regarding a indicator which colors the chart background depending on sessions, my colleague Paul was kind enough to point me to an existing indicator on the forum. You would have to manually define the times you’d like to shade as the indicator doesn’t use sessions, but it’ll do what you’d like.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a bunch Alan, you rock!

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm using that InsideBarPaintedUserSpecifiedColor indicator and was wondering if anyone knew how to change the behavior of the painted bar? Instead of painting the bar, could I highlight it or put a diamond above it instead?

Comment

Hello PN720,

You would want to replace the Barbrush statement on line 72, with the method at the following link,

Please let us know if you need further assistance or if you'd like a list of third parties that would be interested in building this for you.

Comment

Can someone help add a sound alert to the indicator? Meaning it will sound an alert when a inside bar forms. Thanks.

Comment

Hello ljiangd,

Thanks for your post.

There are a couple of ways you can create an alert when there is an inside bar.

1. You can edit/modify the code of the indicator by adding the PlaySound() method right after the code to color the bar. Here is a link to the help guide on PlaySound() : https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?playsound.htm

2. If you do not wish to edit/modify the code, you can always create a chart alert that is separate from the indicator. The code for an inside bar, from the indicator is simply: High[0]<High[1] && Low[0]>Low[1] which can easily be created in a chart alert. Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...us/?alerts.htm

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Alan,

Any chance you could show how to make it possible for the inside candle to accessed from a market analyzer column? I think it needs a plot - is that right? I am not a coder and haven't been able to figure it out.

JA

Comment

Hello JAtrades,

Thanks for your post.

You are correct, you would need to add a plot to the indicator to provide as an input to the Market analyzer (or a strategy). Typically a "signal" type plot is set to be Transparent so that it does not change the basic indicator view on the chart. In the script you would Use addPlot() , you would create the conditions where if no signal you would set to zero on each OnBarUpdate() and if there is a signal you would set the plot value to for example +1. In the market analyzer you would then look for that indicators +1 value. Also in the indicator you would have to create an output for that plot/signal that the Market analyzer (or strategy) would be able to see

I've demonstrated modifying an indicator to add a transparent signal plot in another thread (using Bollinger bands) and then using that in the market analyzer, please see Post #4 with video link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-analyzer-sort

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much!

Jon

Comment

Paul,

Just to get back to you on this - I've tried taking Alan P's indicator and following your input and the result was it broke the marketanalyzer.

JA

Comment

Hello JAtrades,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry to read of this, if you care to post your code perhaps we can help you work through this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post terofs
                              by terofs

Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
                              0 responses