Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Days to load with multi time frame indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Days to load with multi time frame indicator

Hi all,

I´ve programmed an indicator for a specific time frame (minutes) without shows it on the chart applied. Indicator shows levels correctly but despite of configured LookBack period in Parameters of Properties of the indicator, it seems that is mandatory Days to load of Data series. In other words:

- Applying indicator on a tick chart, shows levels of LookBack period configured in the indicator (desired behaviour)

- Applying indicator on a minutes chart (same time frame of indicator), shows levels of Days to load of Data Sieries and NOT LookBack period configured in the indicator.

What´s going on?

Thanks!

Hello rafaelmarcos,

Thanks for your post.

I'm not sure I understand, can you clarify what you see by posting screenshots of the indicator on a chart that works correctly and then incorrectly?

When it does not work correctly, can you change the days to load to correct?

When it does not work correctly, do you see an error message posted in the "log" tab of the control center that relates to the indicator?
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul,

The result is the number of level shown. It should show levels of XX periods configured on the indicator, but only shows calculated with the amount of Days To Load of Data Series (it seems that is limited by the configuration of Data Series instead of configuration of the indicator-> is fixed).

This behaviour only occurs when I open a new chart with the same period than configurated in the indicator (BarsPeriodType.Minute). If indicator is configured to calculate levels with 100 minutes, only works fine if I DON´T put 100 minutes in the chart. If I open a chart with 100 minutes, only calculates levels of numbre of Days To Load of Data Series instead of 300 configurated in the indicator.

There are no errors in the "log" tab of the control center.

Thank you!

Comment

Hello rafaelmarcos,

Thanks for your post.

Can you post your code to show what your code is doing?

If you prefer, you are welcome to send into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com. Mark the e-mail atten:Paul and a link to this thread. Just attach the CS file if possible.

Thank-you.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
        19 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Radano
        by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM