Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

8.0.9 breaks Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.9 breaks Market Analyzer

Hi,
    in 8.0.8 the following public Series<double> was visible and usable in the Market Analyzer. After updating to 8.0.9 it is not visible or usable.

Code:
            [Browsable(false)]	// this line prevents the data series from being displayed in the indicator properties dialog, do not remove
            [XmlIgnore()]		// this line ensures that the indicator can be saved/recovered as part of a chart template, do not remove
            public Series<double> SignalSeries
            {
                get { return signalSeries; }
            }
    Cheers,
    saltminer

See here:

I haven't updated the thread , but it did work.

Originally posted by saltminer View Post
    Hi,
    in 8.0.8 the following public Series<double> was visible and usable in the Market Analyzer. After updating to 8.0.9 it is not visible or usable.

Code:
            [Browsable(false)]	// this line prevents the data series from being displayed in the indicator properties dialog, do not remove
            [XmlIgnore()]		// this line ensures that the indicator can be saved/recovered as part of a chart template, do not remove
            public Series<double> SignalSeries
            {
                get { return signalSeries; }
            }
    Cheers,
    saltminer

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I do see in the prior version that public series were listed but now they are not. I would not expect the series to be listed in the Plots list specifically as a public series is not specifically a Plot, only items added with AddPlot and referencing the Values collection in their public property would be a plot.

I was also able to locate a feature request to return NT8 to the same as NT7 in this regard to series showing up, nt8 currently should hide series that do not plot from specific areas in the platform like the MA Indicators Plot list and DataBox.

The suggested resolutions in this situation would be to either use a Plot which is listed in the Plots list or to use a MA Column instead of the Indicator column. For an example of a MA Column which sees an exposed indicator Series, you could see this post: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ad.php?t=96036

Using the MAColumn example you should not need to change your existing code, but only create a complimentary Column that supports your custom public properties like series or other methods. This approach would also work for indicators that use custom methods like the ZigZag indicator.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 10-05-2017, 08:13 AM. Reason: located relevant information
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,
        thanks for the reply.
        Unfortunately many Market Analyzer projects I've done will now be broken by 8.0.9.
        Customers will be contacting me saying their thingamabob doesn't work any more.

If NT7 (for many years) and NT8 up until 8.0.8 all supported public Series, then this change should be considered "code breaking" and I would think that warnings should be issued with the update.

There seems no good point to this change.
        The benefit of being able to use a public Series is that a chart can display meaningful Plots for the eyeballs, and then various code values to the Market Analyzer (such as 0,1,2) or for Bloodhound, without having to be displayed as a Plot.

saltminer

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by samish18, Today, 08:31 AM
        1 response
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by Creamers, 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
        6 responses