Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

MACD diff, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACD diff, anyone?

Does anyone have the MACD without the two lines, just the "diff"? If so, can you share?
    Thanks,
    Tasuki
    p.s. I know that there's a way to make those lines invisible, but that won't help for what I'm doing: there's a fellow who shared his setup which involved putting the Bollinger Bands on the MACD. Trouble is, the BB take their value from the MACD line itself, which makes the BBs late. I'm hoping to put the BBs on the MACD DIFF and see if it works that way, so I need an indicator whose code just includes the MACD diff. Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by Tasuki; 10-30-2017, 08:27 PM.

Hello Tasuki,

Thanks for your post.

For the purposes of display, yes you can set the MACD and its average line to a transparent plot color meaning then that only the diff plot would show.

You can add the Bollinger to the MACD by changing the Bollinger input series from the default data series to the chart to the MACD by selecting the Diff plot.

I've created a short video to show this process: https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...M1OF82NTE4OTIz
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

link didn't work

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
      Hello Tasuki,

Thanks for your post.

For the purposes of display, yes you can set the MACD and its average line to a transparent plot color meaning then that only the diff plot would show.

You can add the Bollinger to the MACD by changing the Bollinger input series from the default data series to the chart to the MACD by selecting the Diff plot.

I've created a short video to show this process: https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...M1OF82NTE4OTIz
      Paul, thanks for your reply. However, the link appears to be broken (see attached). Can you fix link (I don't know how these things work)?
      Tasuki
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Tasuki,

Thanks for your reply.

The link appears to work as both I and an associate are able to open without error.
        Not sure what browser you are using but you may want to try in another. We used Google chrome.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
          Hello Tasuki,

Thanks for your reply.

The link appears to work as both I and an associate are able to open without error.
          Not sure what browser you are using but you may want to try in another. We used Google chrome.
          Argh, thanks Paul. yes, I was using the browser "SeaMonkey". nice browser in many ways, but obviously has a few limitations. Haven't seen this problem before, but I'll know for the future.

And thanks SO much for creating this very useful little video.

Comment

Thanks for making that video!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post RookieTrader  
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
            0 responses