Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

There was an error reflecting type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was an error reflecting type

I have upgraded to 8.0.16.1 and now whenever I try to save any workspace I get

Could not save indicator 'EMA:' There was an error reflecting type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.EMA'.

This error occurs for any indicator loaded.

Hello zextra,

Thanks for opening the thread.

Are you able to create a new workspace and save that workspace? If that is the case, I would recommend rebuilding the workspace. Using templates can make the process easier for rebuilding workspaces, however if bad configs get templated, then the problem would still persist in the new workspace once that template is applied.

Working with Templates - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._templates.htm

If new workspaces cannot be saved, I would recommend troubleshooting the installation in case something went wrong while updating. To do so, please:
    1. Uninstall NinjaTrader and make sure any contents in the Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\ folder are deleted.
    2. Next, please rename the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\ folder to "NinjaTrader 8 OLD."
    3. After this, please download and install NinjaTrader 8 from a freshly downloaded installer
    4. Please test this clean installation for issues and let us know if there are issues in the clean environment

Your existing platform is saved in the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder. Closing NinjaTrader and renaming this back to "NinjaTrader 8" will allow you return to your old platform with data, NinjaScripts, workspaces, and templates all preserved. If restoring your older platform folder incurs issues, please let us know.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, following those steps now the saving works. Thanks for your help

Comment

The problem has returned. After a reinstall saving workspaces works until I start to load custom indicators and save those in a workspace. Then the error like Could not save indicator 'EMA:' There was an error reflecting type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.EMA' starts to show again. I had no problem saving those custom indicators as part of a workspace in 8.0.15.1. Please advise what logs to look at or how to debug. Thanks.

Comment

Hello zextra,

Thanks for your post.

If the issue is reoccurs specifically after including certain custom indicators, we would then need to look into one specific indicator that introduces the issue. If one of those indicators adds an EMA, I would be curious to see how that indicator would be being an EMA and if commenting out a certain section makes the issue go away.

Could you share a copy of one of the indicators that causes this issue if you have it's source code so I may see if I can hit the same issue on my end? You may post an export as an attachment to this thread, or you can send me a message at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text Attn Jim and a link to the this thread.

We may need need to work more closely to reduce the issue, but I would very much like to check into this further.

I look forward to your reply.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses