Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart rendering failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart rendering failed

Hello,
    I got the following message:
    Chart rendering failed.There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnREnder method. D2D error='HRESULT:'[0x88990016] Module:[SharpDX.Direct2D1],ApiCode:[D2DERR_PUSH_POP_UNBALANCED/PushPopUnbalanced], Message: The push and pop calls were unbalanced.'

Using NT 8.0.16.1 64-bit version
    Data providers: Kinetick ( 1'st connection) + Interactive Broker.
    Any idea on how I debug this ?
    Thanks,
    Leo

hello Leope,

Thank you for posting.

I noted that you posted in the indicator development forum but I can't see details relating to a custom indicator mentioned in your post. Is this related to your custom indicator or are you seeing this in the log and this is a general question?

The error gives some information about what is happening, the chart rendering has failed which would likely indicate an item of the chart such as an indicator or drawing object but it's not limited to those items. OnRender exists in quite a few types in the platform.

Is this something you are seeing over and over or just once? Is there any specific action you take when you see this?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,
      Thanks for your answer.
      It is a custom indicator that typically works well.
      I tried using it within a market analyzer window. It appears that for some instruments this causes a problem consistently.
      I have removed some of the suspected instruments and it seems to have solved the problem.
      Still , I am trying to figure out what is wrong here.
      Any idea on how to debug this ?
      Thanks

Comment

Hello Leope,

Thank you for the additional details.

If this is specific to the use in the MA window, it is likely caused by something specific you are doing in the code that is chart specific / rendering related. To find the specific cause it should be easy if you have some instruments that always cause the error.

I would suggest placing it on one of the instruments that causes the error and then gradually comment out your logic that relates to rendering/ drawing objects/ chart and see when it stops. Getting an estimate of where the problem is coming from will help in judging why it is happening.

If you can form a sample that generates the error and provide details on how I can use that to see the error, I can take a look at that as well.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I got this same error earlier today. Noticed that scale adjustment by click/dragging mouse no longer worked. Opened the dialog to adjust scale manually and saw Max and Min chart values displayed as NaN and not editable. All this with charts, indicators and strategy in a workspace that had been working flawlessly. Removed strategy and indicators one by one all to no avail. Created blank duplicate chart to no avail, still unable to adjust scale. Finally re-installed NT8 and re-opened the workspace. The problem was still there, unable to adjust chart scale. Closed the workspace. Created new blank charts in new workspace. Then rebuilt the original workspace from scratch, adding chart tabs, data series, indicators one by one. Finally added strategy to the top chart. It is all working perfectly now. So it is as though something associated with that particular instance of the charts/workspace got corrupted.
          Last edited by jvanelli; 09-13-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Rogers101, 05-05-2024, 11:30 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Rogers101  
          Started by nightstalker, 05-04-2024, 02:05 PM
          5 responses
          1 like
          Last Post nightstalker