Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Moveing code to Custom Folder didn't change namespace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moveing code to Custom Folder didn't change namespace

I moved my indicators to a custom folder under NinjaTrade 8>bi>Custoem>Indicators subfolder. I use windows file explorer to move the .cs files.

I can open the script from that custom folder and compile it with no errors. However, when choosing my indicator from the chart, I don't see my subfolder, and the indicator shows up in the regular list with all the @*.cs indicators.
    I try to manually add the subfolder name at the end of the namespace NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators, and I get errors when compiling:

IB_TPO.cs,'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.IB.I B_TPO.OnStateChange()': no suitable method found to override,CS0115,102,27,
    IB_TPO.cs,'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.IB.I B_TPO.OnBarUpdate()': no suitable method found to override,CS0115,290,27,

I had no response here for 2 days, which is not likely, so I guess someone skipped that

Comment

Hello Shai Samuel,

Sorry about that, I'm not sure what happened with my response from the other day.

Placing an indicator in a folder will put it in a subfolder in the NinjaScript editor. Placing an indicator within its own child namespace will have the indicator list within a folder throughout the platform.

I modified the SMA indicator to demonstrate. You could compare this against the original SMA indicator as a reference for placing an indicator in its own namespace.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
      Attached Files
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post rdtdale
      by rdtdale