Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Swing and Heiken Ashi Tick Bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swing and Heiken Ashi Tick Bars?

I'm applying the swing indicator to a Heiken Ashi tick bar chart. It is my understanding that for a swing high to occur a bar's high has to be higher than <Strength> amount of bars on both sides of itself.

In the picture below there are two swing highs that the high is the same as the highs following it, which doesn't seem right.

Is my understanding of the swing indicator incorrect? Or maybe since Heiken Ashi bars are made of averages, the high is actually higher, but the chart just snaps to .25 increments?

Thanks

Hello calebsandfort,

Thanks for your post.

What the swing indicator does is compare the current high to the previous high and if the current high is higher then a new swing high is found. If the new swing high remains the swing high for the strength period then the swing high is confirmed and the dots are drawn. In your examples the subsequent bars did not create a new high thus the swing point was considered as the first bar that was higher than the previous.

You may want to increase the strength setting to filter out such swing points.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post arvidvanstaey  
    Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes