Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Inverted Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inverted Charts

Does someone know how to create inverted charts using range and renko bars, in addition to the time-based intervals? There is a mirror bar chart, this included time based charts and tick bars, but does not have the option to use range or renko bars.

Hello shathi1,

Thank you for the post.

I reviewed the code for the mirror bars that are in the app share and based on what I see you could potentially add the other types if you wanted.

The script is set up to easily add more types but I do see that there would be some difficulty as this BarsType takes advantage of the included BarsTypes properties and methods such as ChartLabel(). The standard Renko does not have this method directly exposed like the other types as one example of why this may not have been added originally, a different approach would be needed for that part of the script. There would be some work to add the additional bars types as you would need to see what is the same as the existing bars types in the script and what is different and then correct the missing items. After this, the same process could be used to reverse the data using logic and math, but this is something you would need to test for accuracy.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 11-06-2018, 08:52 AM.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

About Inverted Charts Thank you for your response.. what this be something you guys can add to the mirror bar indicator.. or create another bar type that works this way?

Comment

Hello shathi1,

Thank you for the reply.

This would not be something our support could directly create or modify with the existing script however we can try to provide educational assistance if you wanted to attempt doing this yourself. This item is not an item that is included with the platform by default that I could add a feature request for but I can put in a feature request to include this in the future.

Comment

Regarding the inverted Charts, there was a feature request SFT-562 that was requested over a year ago. There were quite a few people who wanted this feature, yet I'm unsure why this has not been added to NT.

If you see other trading platforms, (TOS, Tradingview, etc), they all have the ability to invert charts. All they do is turn the price data upside down to get the intended purpose.

Comment

Hello shathi1,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I do see that a feature request has been added, I will put in another vote. New features are solely up to development and their design goals so I could not say if this will or will not be implemented, however, I have put in another vote. If this is something you wanted immediately I would suggest reaching out to a third party developer to create this based off the existing example. The alternative would be if you wanted to try creating these changes this yourself, I could try to assist with any roadblocks you run into but you would need to modify the existing item yourself.

Comment

Hi Jesse curious about your statement New features are solely up to development and their design goals---- is there anywhere that everyone such as myself can view such goals they are working on?
              TIA

Comment

Hello billywantstoknow,

At this time there is no public log of ongoing or future work, you can find the changelog which shows what has been changed along with tracking id's for previous feature requests.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Christopher_R  
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                166 responses
                0 likes