Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

OnMarketDepth method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnMarketDepth method

Hello,

I use OnMarketDepth method to build price ladder the same way like it is done for "SampleLevel2Book" Next, price ladder I use to create indicator which shows me some bar values in seperate window. I know that OnMarketDepth is a real-time data stream but is there any way to keep values which I get from price ladder? When I change timeframe all outputs which I collect disapear and my indicator is buit from the beginning based on real-time data stream.

I would be glad for any help.

Hello kanarkia,

Thank you for the post.

The script would need to save "slices" of the level 2 data. A good data structure for this would be the Dictionary structure because it takes two types for the key/value. Your key could be a DateTime object and the values could be a level 2 "slice" or image for that time.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

It makes sense. Thanks for that. One question more. Is there any method to keep it saved and available always when Ninjatrader starts?

Comment

Hello kanarkia,

Thanks for the reply.

There are no methods in NinjaTrader that allow for storing indicator values. One would need to store the data in a text file, XML file, or an SQL DB and retrieve the data when the script starts up.

Please let me know if I can assist further.

Comment

Hello ChrisL,

Thanks for the replay.

Would you suggest the best and the easiest way to do that? Any example which I can relay on?

Cheers

kanarkia

Comment

Hello kanarkia,

Thanks for the reply.

This project would take some advanced C# concepts such as data organization and serializing a complex data structure to a file for storage. It might even take some Asynchronous programming as to not hang up NinjaTrader's processing.

I modified the SampleLevel2 book a bit by adding in memory slice storage. As a disclaimer, this sample is not complete and not considering many things such as:

1. Loading the previously gathered historical data from a txt, JSON, or some other kind of file while in the historical mode.
            2. When/how to write the collected data to a file and clear out the Dictionaries memory.
            3. How often we should gather this data.
            4. Since I was getting duplicate keys for the DateTime key, I needed to append a GUID to each DateTime key to keep them unique, this could lead to us needing to consider how to access the data we need properly, possibly even consider a different key for the structure altogether.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
            2 responses
            1 like
            Last Post BarzTrading  
            Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
            3 responses