Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multi time frame RSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi time frame RSI

Hello, I have searched all over and can’t find much on this topic. Are there any good multi time frame RSI indicators for ninja trader 8? I would like to be able to check time frames for example, 1,5,15 and 30 min time frames within 1 indicator. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think you can do it by adding them to your indicator list and then have them show in the same panel.

Comment

Hello Miamijc,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums!

You can certainly create a multi-time frame indicator to suit your needs. This would require custom programming in Ninjascript and would require an understanding of multi-time frame coding which is detailed here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm

Alternatively, if your need is to view on a chart, you may be able to create what you need without coding. In the screenshot example below I have 3 time-frames of 1-minute, 5-minute, and 15-minute. The 5 and 15-minute data series are "Hidden" on the chart (you can see they are listed at the top left of the chart). Because they are added to the chart, even though they are hidden, they can be accessed by indicators. I've added 3 RSI indicators, each of the same parameters. The top RSI is using the 1-minute series, the center RSI panel is using the 5-minute data series, the bottom RSI panel is using the 15-minute data series. To associate an RSI with a particular data series that has been added to the chart, in the RSI indicator panel left click on the "input series" to then show the available data series to select.

You can hide a data series by setting it to a chart style of line on close, then changing the line color to transparent, setting the panel to panel 1 and setting plot executions to "None".

Click image for larger version  Name:	Miamijc-1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	1039247
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 11-09-2018, 10:54 AM. Reason: Added directions for selecting alternate data series in indicators input series.
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Awesome, I’ll give this a shot. Thank you so much.

Comment

Hello Miamijc,

Thanks for your reply.

I see that I forgot to mention that to associate a data series with the indicator, you will need to click the indicators "Input series" to then be able to select the other data series available on the chart.
          I will amend my original post for clarity.
          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          1 response
          0 likes