Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Better Volume 3 indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better Volume 3 indicator

Hello I was using BetterVolume3 indicator on NT8 until i did an update on NT8 and now
    that indicator isnt there. How do I recover this indicator? I thought I wouldnt lose
    anything? Also I get errors when i try to import custom indicators on the Platform

you can always re-install it
    This is a conversion of the NT7 indicator BetterVolume3. Please contact the original author for any questions or comments.

Comment

thank you but im trying to do a fresh reinstallment but i keep getting the same problem. SWhat can I do?

Comment

Hello bdelorm73,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Forums!

"Also I get errors when I try to import custom indicators on the Platform" This needs to be resolved first.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
        • Open NinjaTrader8
        • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
        • Double click on the Indicators folder--> then double click on any of the indicators
        • Once the indicator code is in view right-click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
        • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
        • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double-clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column). You can send this directly via e-mail to PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com, Mark the e-mail Atten: Paul and please include a link to this forum thread for reference.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's, Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

BetterVolume3 does not download here. Any suggestions? https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ttervolume3-2/

Comment

Hello connorgrant5,

Thanks for your post.

I just tested and was able to download. Please make sure you temporarily turn off any pop-up blockers you have on as the download presents a pop-up window with terms and conditions that must be accepted before a blue download button is shown. Alternatively you might try switching to a different browser. I used both Chrome and Microsoft edge without issues.
            Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I love what you did with this, but would it be possible to split ClimaxChurn into ClimaxChurnUp & ClimaxChurnDown?

Comment

Hello davydhnz,

Thanks for your post.

This NinjaTrader 8 indicator is a conversion of the BetterVolume3 indicator that was originally for NinjaTrader 7.

We cannot modify the indicator to split one of the plots into two separate plots since that would not be how the NinjaTrader 7 version was programmed.

That said, you could make modifications to the indicator yourself if you wish to change one plot into two separate plots. To add another plot, you would use the AddPlot() method. Then, you could assign a value to the added plot by calling Values[1][0] = x, where 'x' is the value you want to assign to the plot.

See this help guide documentation for more information about AddPlot(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t8/addplot.htm

Let me know if I may assist further.
                Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
                  we have the possibility to insert the indicator with the volume with the different colors in an individual panel and another option of being able to see the price bars with the colors of the better.
                  Does anyone know if the panel with the volume and the better can be removed or omitted and only the better with the price bars appears?

Comment

Hello anmir55.

Thanks for your note.

To clarify, are you wanting to remove the plots that appear in panel 2 so that only the bars in the price panel change color based on certain calculations?

This would likely be possible but would require reworking the logic of the indicator to perform calculations without plotting values. You could consider assigning calculations to custom Series<double> variables instead of assigning them to plots. Then, you could change the color of the bars on the price panel using BarBrush.

See the help guide documentation below for more information.
                    BarBrush: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/barbrush.htm
                    Series<T>: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t8/seriest.htm

Let me know if I may assist further.
                    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I thought it could be simpler, but rethinking the indicator is beyond my knowledge...perhaps some more advanced user thanks for your help

Comment

Anmir55, what I do is pull the panel right down, yes you can still see like 1 pixel of it, but at least you save most of your screen space.

I'm not at the level yet to do what Brandon said, but hopefully one day

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post alifarahani