Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

tick volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tick volume

Hello-

I have a locked 3rd party indicator I'm trying to understand. One of its parameters is "useTickVolume". When I check this box and run on a tick chart, what exactly is the volume it's using? How is this volume accessed?

Thank you.

Hello imalil,

Thank you for your note.

You would need an unlocked version of the indicator to know for sure. I would suggest reaching out to the developer of the indicator for more information.

One could assume useTickVolume would pull in a secondary series of type tick which would calculate volume at a more granular level, however this is a guess.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for responding. Let's assume you're correct when you say "One could assume useTickVolume would pull in a secondary series of type tick which would calculate volume at a more granular level".

Do you have an idea/theory of how this tick volume could be calculated? I know you don't know for sure, I'm looking for a highest probability guess.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello imalil,

What does the indicator describe itself as doing?

If you wanted to tally volume which occurred under a certain condition, for example when a large bid/offer induced buys/sells etc.

I look forward to your reply.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The indicator shows momentum using volume at the bid and ask. And it gives you the option to useTickVolume if you use a tick chart. It gives very different values when using tickVolume. So I'm simply trying to find out what "tick'volume" is.

Incidentally, the developer will never give out information which explains how his indicator works.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello imalil,

Thank you for your response.

If this is a user defined parameter then I would expect some sort of detail on what it is doing exactly otherwise what is the point of the parameter?

If you are on a tick chart and that is the only time the 'userTickVolume' is present I do not know what this does then. Where is the volume coming from if not the base series? Does this mean additional series of Minute are always added in the code to pull the volume?

There is too much here that is unknown to make a truly educated guess. Please reach out to the developer for this information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post WHICKED
            by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            15 responses
            0 likes