Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Add text labels to panel with Plots while also drawing objects on price panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add text labels to panel with Plots while also drawing objects on price panel

I have an indicator that draws objects to the price panel (DrawOnPricePanel = true). Additionally, the indicator uses an additional panel with a bar plot. The bar plot has positive and negative bars.

In the bar plot panel, I would like to have the value of positive and negative bars added together and displayed above each bar. For example, if the positive bar is +100 and the negative bar is -80, then the value to be displayed above the bars would be +20. I would put the value in a text drawobject and attach it to the bars series.

My problem is that when 'DrawOnPricePanel = true' then I cannot figure out how to draw a text box in the bar plot panel. It naturally wants to draw in the price panel.

Would anyone know how to keep 'DrawOnPricePanel = true' and still draw to the bar plot panel (aka indicator panel beneath the price panel)?

I have attached a sample script that shows what I am trying to do. The script has DrawOnPricePanel = false so that I can show how I want the end result to appear, which is to have the netted values of each bar labeled above the bar. I used the BuySellPressure stock indicator as the base.

Thank you for any help or information you can provide!

Thank you,
    traderUS
    Attached Files

Hello traderUS,

It is not possible for a single indicator to draw objects on multiple panels.

It is necessary to split the drawing calls into multiple indicators.

I will submit a feature request on your behalf for the development team to consider allowing an indicator to draw on multiple panels.
    Once I have a tracking ID for this I will post in this thread for future reference.

You could also do custom rendering with SharpDX. This would render in the same panel as the plots of the indicator.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 11-26-2018, 12:56 AM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello traderUS,

I've received tracking ID #SFT-2701 for this request to draw on multiple price panels from a single indicator.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if or when any request will be implemented.

We appreciate your inquiry on this.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post zstheorist  
      Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
      8 responses