Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Creating custom indicator imbedded in another indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating custom indicator imbedded in another indicator

I have created a number of indicators and I created a custom indicator that is referenced a number of times. Is there a way that when creating zip files dlls and when importing add on it states do you want to replace xyz indicator. It is like when you add a ninjatrader sma or max, min swing etc. My issue arises if the user installs a zip file it will need that same base indicator I have created and if there are more than 1 assemblies installed it will give an error that there are duplicates.

Hello ballboy11,

Thanks for your post.

There would not be a way to specify precedence to use one assembly over the other if you have a dependent indicator in your assemblies. The message for replacing the indicator would be presented when importing source code and you already have source code for that indicator on your platform. My recommendation would be to have dependent indicators in separate assembly, and when you export a package that uses this dependency to add a reference to the assembly that includes the dependent indicator so your clients do not import duplicate NinjaScripts from multiple assemblies.

References can be added when exporting the NinjaScript package and selecting Type. Please make sure you have imported the compiled assembly after you have exported your dependent indicator assembly. You can also add the dependent assembly to the export manually by following the steps below.

Adding custom assemblies or native DLL's - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...esOrNativeDlls

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
    1 response
    0 likes