Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Chart Trader position lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Chart Trader position lines

Is it possible to target the Chart Trader position lines in an indicator? I want to move them to the left matching the chart right margin. I'm also interested to know if it's possible to target their ZOrder?

Hello martyn73,

With an indicator you can use the Addon approach to finding an account object and then looping through the orders for that account.

Below is a public link to the help guide.

You could find the orders, and then draw lines using the price of those orders.

An indicator can have the ZOrder set. The Drawing objects placed by the script will be relative to the scripts ZOrder.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea,

Thanks, was aware of those. But if possible, I want to specifically target the visuals of existing Chart Trader position lines. And not create my own. I'm developing an order execution indicator that renders on the right side of the chart panel and leverages the Chart Trader panel. When orders are submitted through this tool, or through the Chart Trader panel, I want the Chart Trader position lines to start to the left of my tool instead of them to start at the right side of the chart panel.

Comment

And to clarify why, because my tool executes orders, when a chart trader line falls on top of it there is a chance that when you select the chart trader line above my tool, it will also execute an order. Which obviously is not desired.

Comment

Hello martyn73,

Unfortunately, there is no NinjaScript access to the Chart Trader order lines. Also it would not be possible to remove these while ChartTrader is enabled. These are part of the core functionality of Chart Trader.

Your lines could be drawn on the left side of the chart if these are the price and times provided to object. Or the lines could be custom rendered.
          Or you could completely recreate the Chart Trader as a custom area and not enable ChartTrader.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post CortexZenUSA  
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
          0 responses