Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

No sound when Alert triggered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound when Alert triggered.

Hello, I am implementing indicator and when some conditions appear I have to sound Alert().

Here is the my implementation:

Code:
    if (SoundAlert)
    {
          string alert_message = this.message.EntryType.ToString() + "; " + this.message.PeriodType + this.message.PeriodValue.ToString() + "; " + this.message.EntryPrice.ToString();                    
          Alert(SIGNAL_DOWN_ALERT, Priority.High, alert_message, NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.InstallDir + @"\sounds\" + SoundFile, 0, Brushes.White, Brushes.Red);                  
    }
    But when I run the indicator on realtime, Alert() generates in Alerts Log window, but no sound.
    What can be a problem?

Last edited by akushyn; 12-13-2018, 07:13 AM.

Hello akushyn,
    Thanks for your post.

Do any in-platform sounds work as expected in the platform, such as Order Submission sounds?

Is NinjaTrader's volume turned up in the Windows Sound Mixer? More information at the following public link: https://www.howtogeek.com/244963/how...ps-in-windows/

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.16.3)

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, Josh!
      Thank you for the reply.

Do any in-platform sounds work as expected in the platform, such as Order Submission sounds?
      Yes. Sounds of order submission works.

Is NinjaTrader's volume turned up in the Windows Sound Mixer? More information at the following public link: https://www.howtogeek.com/244963/how...ps-in-windows/
      Here everything is okay. (see attached file)

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.16.3)
      Version: 8.0.16.3 (see attached file)

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
      There are no any errors! How to attache .zip file? Only pics allowed...

I've made a link to google drive, where all log files from NT: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PU...o3LwDwb-WShCuS

Last edited by akushyn; 12-14-2018, 02:53 AM.

Comment

akushyn,

I see you are using a picker or something for the sound file.
        Code:
        [FONT=courier new]NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.InstallDir + @"\sounds" + SoundFile[/FONT]
        Can you use this instead and see if it produces a sound?
        Code:
        NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.InstallDir+@"\sounds\Alert1.wav"
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshG; 12-14-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JoshG View Post
          akushyn,

Code:
          [FONT=courier new]NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.InstallDir + @"\sounds" + SoundFile[/FONT]
          Code:
          I'm using a property "SoundFile" wich is a string type, defined by user. It allows me to choose what file to play.
          Ok, I'll try soon and let you know what happened.
          Last edited by akushyn; 12-14-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

akushyn,

Code:
            Code:
            Hello, Josh!

I've tested the indicator with your advise and found that when I use indicator with Demo License ID : @SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952 indicator sound alerts as I expected.
            But when I use real License Id , then I don't get any Alerts from the indicator.

I am using free License ID (without ChartTrader package).

What can be a problem, what do you think?
            I think, Alerts appearing should not depends on which License Id am I using...real or demo.

Waiting for your response.
            Thank you in advance.

Comment

akushyn,

I would expect this if you are using the "Free Edition". Can you please write in to PlatformSupport(AT)NinjaTrader(DOT)com and reference this forum post with RE:JOSH in the subject line. I would like to confirm your license key and what you should expect to see.

Comment

akushyn,

I would expect this if you are using the "Free Edition". Can you please write in to PlatformSupport(AT)NinjaTrader(DOT)com and reference this forum post with RE:JOSH in the subject line. I would like to confirm your license key and what you should expect to see.

So, As I understood correctly, I can use my custom indicators only if I have purchased Ninjatrader8, right?
                And this is VERY IMPORTANT to beginners, who decide to migrate from NT7 to NT8.

I am strongly NOT recommending, because everything what can help you with some sound signals (I am not talking about automated order submitting) , Alerts() NOT working on realtime with Free Edition license. - only PURCHASE.

This information should not be hidden via email conversation. It must be available on the forum.

Comment

Hello ,akushyn,

Thank you for the reply.

The only lease or lifetime licenses allow editing NinjaScripts. You can still run them if they are compiled in. I was able to use PlaySound() with the free edition key. Adding this instead of an alert will activate a sound.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
                  Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post xiinteractive  
                  Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes