Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Convert NT7 Zero Lag MACD indicator to NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert NT7 Zero Lag MACD indicator to NT8

Hi,

Can someone convert the indicator on page #2 post #26 to NT8. It is a zero lag MACD. Thank you very much.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru.../page2?t=17343

Last edited by diver; 12-13-2018, 11:53 AM.

Hello diver,

Thanks for your post.

I just wanted to mention that my Lead has approved this as a conversion and I had just finished converting and have submitted this to our User App Share. Once this has been posted on the User App Share, I will update this post with a link.

Thanks for your interest!
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you will look forward to it.

Comment

Hello diver,

The conversion can be found here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...lagcolors-nt8/

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let us know if you have any questions importing.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
          Hello diver,

The conversion can be found here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...lagcolors-nt8/

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let us know if you have any questions importing.
          Jim,

I have an MQ4 version of this indicator. Supposedly the NT copy that you converted was derived from that one. Is there any way you can compare the two (MQ4 and NT) to make sure that the one you converted is showing the exact same parameters as the MQ4 version? Please let me know. Thanks again.

Comment

Hello diver,

I don't have a means to test MetaTrader, so I could not do any comparisons between platforms. The scope of my conversion was to ensure the NT7 and NT8 versions were equal, and I verified everything was plotting the same between these versions. As I understand, there were some parameters added to the NinjaTrader 7 version for specifically for Acceleration, so the parameters may be different between the MetaTrader version and the NT7/NT8 versions.

I'll quote other changes noted:
            a) Fixed ZeroLagEMA onbarclose = false problem.
            b) Added ADXVMA filter
            c) Added Threshold filter (price must cross zero + threshold to trigger)
            d) Changed logic, will now plot "up" if MACD + Threshold > ADX
            e) Added Acceleration logic, can now keep "ratio" of 12,26,9 but speed up proportionally if desired
            If you are comparing versions, I suggest making sure that the data being put through the indicator is the same on both platforms since differences in data between data providers will create differences in indicator plots.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
              Hello diver,

I don't have a means to test MetaTrader, so I could not do any comparisons between platforms. The scope of my conversion was to ensure the NT7 and NT8 versions were equal, and I verified everything was plotting the same between these versions. As I understand, there were some parameters added to the NinjaTrader 7 version for specifically for Acceleration, so the parameters may be different between the MetaTrader version and the NT7/NT8 versions.

I'll quote other changes noted:

If you are comparing versions, I suggest making sure that the data being put through the indicator is the same on both platforms since differences in data between data providers will create differences in indicator plots.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
              Hey Jim every thing you did is much appreciated. I just thought I'd ask. Support at Ninjatrader is the best!

Comment

Hello,

I am not sure if I posting this request in the correct location, if not i'm sorry. I am finally moving completely over to NT8, but there 1 indicator that I have been using in NT7 that of course no longer works, is there anyone who would be willing to convert this indicator to the NT8 format, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
                Dorian
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Dorian,

I see that you made an additional request which I have responded to.

If you have any additional requests, please create a new thread specific to that request. We cannot guarantee that we will approve all requested conversions, but we have approved this conversion.

Would anyone be interested in converting this NT7 indicator to NT8? I requested this in another forum but not much luck there so far. It looks like this

We look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes