Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

RSI changing color when over bought or sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSI changing color when over bought or sold

I would like have a RSI indicator that would change colors when it is over bought or sold maybe like red in the over sold and green in overbought. I have attached a picture if I did it right of what I would like to see, for me just better to see a color change when over sold and bought areas. It's for NinjaTrader 8. Thanks for any help,

Hello Juan2001,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums.

Yes, this can be done however it requires custom coding to do so. If you would like to take this on we can provide references to the various methods in the help guide to get you started. NinjaTrader is based on C# programming language and we provide many methods and properties to accomplish your ninjascript programming goals
    Alternatively, if you prefer it created for you, we can provide links to 3rd party coders.

I've attached an educational example of the RSI that has been modified to show overbought and oversold according to the standard 30/70 lines. Perhaps this will meet your needs, if not you are free to modify as you wish.

RSIoverboughtsold.zip

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools>import>Ninjascript add-on..
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
    Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right click your chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
      Hello Juan2001,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums.

Yes, this can be done however it requires custom coding to do so. If you would like to take this on we can provide references to the various methods in the help guide to get you started. NinjaTrader is based on C# programming language and we provide many methods and properties to accomplish your ninjascript programming goals
      Alternatively, if you prefer it created for you, we can provide links to 3rd party coders.

I've attached an educational example of the RSI that has been modified to show overbought and oversold according to the standard 30/70 lines. Perhaps this will meet your needs, if not you are free to modify as you wish.

[ATTACH]n1043234[/ATTACH]

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import
      1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
      2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools>import>Ninjascript add-on..
      3. Select the downloaded .zip file
      4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
      Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
      • Right click your chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK
      I downloaded and installed this indicator, and was able to get it to work. However, I find that it does not show the current bars value as it is forming, which the regular RSI does. Is there a setting for that?

Comment

Hello NTTrader33,

Are you running the script OnEachTick? If you are using OnBarClose the building bar should be excluded.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
          Hello NTTrader33,

Are you running the script OnEachTick? If you are using OnBarClose the building bar should be excluded.
          Thanks, I changed on bar close to on price change.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by FAQtrader, Today, 12:00 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Nyman