Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Continuous volume increasing chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuous volume increasing chart

How do i plot continuous volume increasing after each 30 min bar closes as total volume as x axis in right side. i have attached one picture kindly help.
    Attached Files

Hello trader9,

Thank you for the post.

You mentioned the X-axis but then also mentioned Right Side, are you referring to the X or Y axis? The right side axis would be the Y or Price axis, is this the scale you are referring to?

You may be able to achieve this with an indicator if you mean the right scale or price scale, applying the VOL indicator to its own panel would demonstrate this as Volumes are reported instead of Prices. I am unsure for the rest of your question, can you further explain what you mean by volume increasing after each 30-minute close?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Right side- vertically, and if still not clear then look at attachment, I want same as that picture. Applying volume indicator will plot each new bar for eaxh 30 minute Candle, but I want continuous bar increases as volume inceses through out the day. SAME AS PICTURE ATTACHED.

Comment

Picture shows volume figures at right side in the chart, each bar shows volume increased in that periods.

Comment

Hello trader9,

Yes, it is not clear from the picture and your description, this is why I had asked for further clarification. This is not a NinjaTrader chart, so it would be difficult to say how to recreate this without knowing what the chart represents specifically.

You noted the volume is increasing after 30 minutes, from the image it appears the charts base series 30 minutes is that correct? It also appears that the chart showing multiple days.

Are you asking to accumulate the volume over the course of the session or what specifically is happening with the volume in the chart that you want to recreate? Are vertical bars shown in the image representing each of the 30 minute bars within a session and this is the volume accumulated up to that time?

This may be possible depending on what this chart is doing specifically. The VOL indicator would be a good place to start because shows that you can display volume in the Right side axis like you asked. You are correct it displays it for each bar because that is how that indicator is programmed, this is also something you can change if you wanted to.

Here is a simple example of accumulating a value instead of resetting each bar using the syntax from the VOL indicator. Please note this does not have any other logic to reset for the session so it would just keep accumulating as long as it runs:

Code:
          private double vol = 0;
          protected override void OnBarUpdate()
          {
              vol += Instrument.MasterInstrument.InstrumentType == InstrumentType.CryptoCurrency ? Core.Globals.ToCryptocurrencyVolume((long)Volume[0]) : Volume[0];
              Value[0]  = vol;
          }

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

VOLACC for NT8.
            Note: If you set trading hour to RTH (regular trading hour) you will see acc volume plot the same way as in your picture.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-01-04_1256.png Views:	1 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	1044348

Last edited by nkhoi; 01-04-2019, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nkhoi View Post
              VOLACC for NT8.
              Note: If you set trading hour to RTH (regular trading hour) you will see acc volume plot the same way as in your picture.

Click image for larger version Name:	2019-01-04_1256.png Views:	1 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	1044348
              Thank you Nkhoi for help, you got it faster then support team, I thought chart is more clear then explanation.Also thank you jesse for reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Aviram Y