Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bar Spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar Spacing

I'm working on an indicator and I need to set the bar width wider from within the indicator and I found the ChartControl.BarWidth setting for this but it overlaps the bars. How can I set the bar spacing to accommodate the wider bars?

Thanks!

Hello DanWe,

Unfortunately, the bar spacing cannot be set from a script as this is primarily controlled manually on a chart with the time margin. (The same is true with the price margin range and scale)

I will submit a feature request on your behalf for the NinjaTrader Development team to consider allowing the bar spacing to be set programmatically.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply.

How does the OrderFlow Volume Profile indicator set the spacing when set to bars. The bar width is narrow but there is a setting for the space to allow for the volume profile?

Comment

Hello DanWe,

I've received tracking ID #SFT-600 for your request to set a charts bar spacing from a script.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if or when any request will be implemented.

We appreciate your feedback on this.

Regarding the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator, this does not alter the charts bar spacing but does modify the right side margin (to properly display VP on the last bar).

Below is a link to a video that demonstrates the bar spacing does not change.

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks for getting back to me. On the Volume Profile, I was asking about when it is set to bars not session (Profile period=Bars and Bars=1). When it is set to bars you can set the Profile width in the Visual settings and that sets the spacing between the bars to make the profile larger or smaller. I think this is in pixels. So if you can set it in this indicator then there has to be way to set it.

Can you look at this again for me?

Thanks,
          Dan

Comment

Hello DanWe,

Unfortunately, we cannot provide any code internal to the Order Flow indicators or bar types (or any code internal to the core NinjaTrader application).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Javierw.ok  
            Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes