Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 indicator secondary dataseries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 indicator secondary dataseries

Hello,

from the "SampleSecondarySeriesAsInputSeries" I tried to make an indicator and it works when the secondary dataseries is 1-minute (blue and gold plot in the attached screenshot).
    With the indicator having 3 Range as secondary dataseries it looks like the dark-red and cyan lines.

Primary datseries of th chart is 2 Range. Both indicators have Line, Solid to plot.

What might be the error please that it doesnt plot a line from the range dataseries.

Thank you!
    Tony
    Attached Files

Hello tonynt,

This will depend on what the primary and secondary series are, and when you are plotting them.

Without seeing the specific code you used it is difficult to say what you are doing to achieve the chart you have displayed. I could guess that the 3 range being the secondary is only setting plot values at the points where you see lines drawn. Could you provide a sample of what specific syntax you had used?

Just as a quick test, I tried the sample you mentioned with range bars added instead of the minute bars and received the following result (green line), so this is likely due to some syntax you have used in the script at this point: https://i.imgur.com/qSoXXFw.png

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,

thank you for your reply. With you information that it has to work I got it now.

Another question after posting and giving thanks in the forum for years. Instead of Thanks there is now Like? With Like you get the reply so that its resolved? One can not see who has done the like, so it could be form another one, no? And what is "Flag"?

Thanks
      Tony
      Last edited by tonynt; 01-22-2019, 02:29 AM. Reason: typing error

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your response.

A like would not indicate a ticket is resolved but is appreciated when performed to indicate a post is helpful. There is no means to review who liked what post. The 'flag' option is reserved to flag inappropriate or spam related posts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Kaledus
        by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
        1 response
        0 likes